Two sub or over kill? 1 20-39cs+ & 1 16-46cs

j glenn

Some of the people here are running a BUNCH of subs at the same time. I have heard (not actually done) that you get better results with more subs, more even sound, etc. You only need to worry about having ALL of those amps running, not only your 15 amp circuits limits, but that gets expensive running a full 15 or 20 amp breaker for a long time!

You could use a active crossover, to roll the 20/39 off higher than the 16/46.

The 20/39 is 39 inches tall, port tuned to 20 hertz.

The 16/46 is 46 inches tall, port tuned to 16 hertz.

Would you want to use the 20/39 in just a woofer frequency application?

I could not say how they would sound at about 80, 100 hertz, or higher up.

Take the daul 18' JBL cab that KRB has, use it with the higher frequencies, and SVS to scrape bottom(Termed by HornED.)using a active crossover.

That would a Idea? no?

If this Tent sale is still flying this summer, I may just try this, but I have enough Bass. I want a ELLA!

With my JBL sub, I cannot STAND to listen to it above 70-80Hz, it is SO powerful that if I trun the X-over up to the 160Hz point, it makes objects BUZZ in my room. I would say run both subs full range, you will have a hell of a time hurting the smaller one compared to the bigger one. Just imagine what sort of power you will get around the 30-50Hz range!

personally, i don't think i could ever have too much bass as long as there was still midrange and tweeters to support it

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Too much bass?! Not a fat chance

I have FOUR subs in my tiny 14*10' HT room with Klipsch RF-7's mains and the works and THREE BIG heavweight subs in my larger music/HT room.And I will add more!

When I say more I mean MORE,like SVS SS and JBL Ti-K subs!And I am about to purchase four JL Audio 13W7 woofers and build a custom heavy duty cabinet,I will use my Carver TFM-75 power amp to juice the beast up,or sell it and get a Sunfire Signature amp with even more power.

Hell I have probably the most sub power per cubic inch on this BBa dn will add more subs.

If it does not play 20Hz flat out at 120dB its NOT up to my standards.

Go for it,if you dont get any cops at your door for exess SPL add more.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by TheEAR:

Too much bass?! Not a fat chance

I have FOUR subs in my tiny 14*10' HT room with Klipsch RF-7's mains and the works and THREE BIG heavweight subs in my larger music/HT room.And I will add more!

When I say more I mean MORE,like SVS SS and JBL Ti-K subs!And I am about to purchase four JL Audio 13W7 woofers and build a custom heavy duty cabinet,I will use my Carver TFM-75 power amp to juice the beast up,or sell it and get a Sunfire Signature amp with even more power.

Hell I have probably the most sub power per cubic inch on this BBa dn will add more subs.

If it does not play 20Hz flat out at 120dB its NOT up to my standards.

Go for it,if you dont get any cops at your door for exess SPL add more.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

You're my hero....cwm42.gif

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

A true story...

I damaged two hard drives(Quantum Atlas V 18GB and Quantum AS 60GB)when the big system was blasting away!

My computer sits above the system in a mezanine and guess what,the floor was vibrating so much both hard drives caught BAD SECTORS and I got a blue screen ERROR WRITING ON C: after reeboot the system drive was KAPUT.

cwm3.gif

Good I had a spare Atlas 10K2 on hand,now the PC is off when the system is flexing its muscles.

Who needs punny bass shakers when you have real sub human sub bass?

No skidmarks yet!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

TheEar, I have never been a Seagate fan, I like IBM. That sucks, though. IBM just bought (6 months ago...) Maxtor and IBM now has 40%+ of the HD market and a butt-load of patents, so maybe some good will come from the merger. I am waiting for non-volitile, solid-state hard drives, that will be nice.

Also, lots of studio's have LOTS of hard drives in the mixing room, so you sound like you just got screwed on the hard drives crashing, shouldn't happen!

Speaking as someone who has 3 SVS woofers in my HT I would say DO IT. As far as mixing them goes I would say don't unless you have seperate amps for each style of woofer. For instance I have a single 20-39CS running off one amp and dual 20-39CS+ running off another amp. I have had to play around with the gain settings on the amps to be able to match outputs and achieve maximum SLP.

Laters,

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page