Most recent nominee to the idiot hall of fame - Mark Sanford - gov SC

The line for the "idiot hall of fame" is rather long,even on the fast track he'd have to wait in line.The line for hipocrites is rather long also,you know,people less than perfect saying other people are less than perfect.He's done,and good enough for him,are we now gonna hold ALL politicians to the NO LIES and CHEATIN' standard?That would be great,we'd get almost an entire new government.

Fish- Dont throw my boy off the podium yet. This story gets better by the hour. Now he is gonna "pay back" the 8 grand of the taxpayers money that he spent out HO ing in sunny Argentina.This guy was in line as a prez candidate ot at least a senator. And he still thinks he can pull this off and stay in office. He at least qualifies for honorable mention already .

They are all experts at lying and cheating. This brain surgeon didn't bother to read the instructions first.

Every time I see a picture of those 4 little boys I just want to slap the ---- out of him. What a piece of trash to put them through this.

My late wife always said, "Sin makes you stupid."

I am certainly not saying what he did was ok. It was not. A reputation, your name, is lost in an instant. I am just glad that God is more merciful than we are. If not, we are all lost forever.

Yeah that is very true!

I'm willing to forgive a person but they have to first make amends to the offended. In this case his wife, 4 young boys, and the people of the state.

Once he as done that I'm all for forgiveness.

I am certainly not saying what he did was ok. It was not. A reputation, your name, is lost in an instant. I am just glad that God is more merciful than we are. If not, we are all lost forever.

Indeed. Well said.

I really thought this guy had principles and might be the real deal. Man was I wrong.I can see a guy getting wrapped up this type of situation. No judgement on that whatsoever. Getting caught, using taxpayer money, refusing to resign, and going AWOL is over the top.

If he is a not a church goer- this would be a good time to start. Stick a fork in him- he is done.

Cannon fodder for the late night comedians.

I can't imagine that he won't end up resigning as gov.

His wife has gone way beyond the second mile before he disappeared in Argentina. She is one class act.

Would also imagine that reconciling with her now is a real long shot. But, OTOH, the gov may not want to reconcile with her.

Who knows, he's not thinking with his brain.

I can't imagine what this whole thing would be like for his kids.

From what I what I saw he has not even answered the question about the affair being over. Little Miss Agrentina must really be something. I dont think the wife will have much trouble finding a replacement after her lawyers get through with him $$$$$$$. Yeah- the kid part is a heartbreaker.I look at my 2 boys and think of what it would have done to them if I had pulled something like this.

This guy is really catching a break with all of the Michael jackson stuff plastered all over the TV 24/7.