Khorn Trip

kuisis

Michael, trust me, I thought about it, that was one of the biggest Dick moves I've ever seen. Thank God the Speakers were in the truck. I don't know what some people are thinking, cardboard on the lawn for 30 minutes isn't the end of the world.

Tom, thanks for the offer, I am going to listen for a while, just started hooking them up now.

Tom

Tom

I think I'll keep them[:D]!

I've been listening to my old Cd's mostly. There is a lot more definition with the Khorns, especially in the bass department. I listen to a lot of bluegrass and jazz and I am hearing lots of bass I didn't know was there, very subtle, but more pronounced in the khorns. I'm impressed that fifty year old speakers can sound so great. I have great corners in my gameroom/basement and these far outshine my 'scala's. I am using one MC250 through a Peach and it sounds great. I even broke out the reel to reel to use a media more age appropriate. Later today I'm going to hook Tom's old 222C up and play some vinyl. I'm glad i'm on vacation this week so I can really experiment.

Does anybody have any recommendations for cleaning the grill cloth? It's actually in great shape, just a bit dirty.

Thanks

Tom

vacuum repeatedly with a dusting brush. work vertically and horizontally. Are there stains? cigarette odor? Febreeze is good for that.

Don't be afraid to hit them hard with whatever source you like. You already have LS so you've probably weeded out the poor recordings and source components which are mercilessly exposed on either.

LS made my Heresys disappear, Khorns made my LS disappear. Khorns are just amazing for the effortless presentation. you're wise to just sit on them awhile, get used to the sound.

Not the original stuff...Wendell makes a similar one, with the difference being it is only natural cane in one direction of the weave...the other is a synthetic thread that is somewhat shiny. If yours are not horrible, I think I would rather have the original...just my opinion though, many people use the Wendell and are happy with it I am sure.