Khorn Trip

kuisis

take a zip-lock freezer bag to keep any wingnuts or anything else that comes off. you can screw them back on the studs, but I prefer having the stuff all in one place.

[Tommy Chong voice}

Hey mang, you can put other stuff in those baggies that'd be really cool for a road trip mang. ....[:^)]

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

I expect that Tom is on the road by now. We'll talk by phone in a few hours to coordinate the pickup at 1:00 PM in beautiful downtown Ferndale, MI.

I look forward to meeting him. He's already demonstrated a fondness for Klipsch and hockey, as well as a sense of humor. Using Marian Hossa Redwings jerseys (sweaters to our neighbors to the north--and south, if you live in Detroit, which is north of Windsor, Ontario) to pad the load is a stroke of genius.

The exchange will be documented with photos.

The trip is approximately 5 hours, but I'll let Tom fill in the specifics. He left here about 3:00 Pm. When I spoke with him a few minutes ago he was outside Youngstown, OH and reported good weather and no problems.

Nancy (the seller) and her mother, Wanda, frequently offered their opinions that Tom should've rented a van or enclosed trailer. At times, he seemed to agree.

Nevertheless, if he doesn't encounter any rain, they should arrive safely, notwithstanding the open pickup.

The loading process was difficult enough, before the neighbor decided to turn on the sprinklers. Apparently we were touching his lawn while we loaded the truck. Aren't you glad you don't live next door to that guy?

The loading process was difficult enough, before the neighbor decided to turn on the sprinklers. Apparently we were touching his lawn while we loaded the truck. Aren't you glad you don't live next door to that guy?

was that guys' name Richard by any chance? What a ******!

The load looks good, glad you had all the manpower for deadlifting those beasts into the truck fully assembled. That's a load!

Hopefully our new Khorn owner has a Diet Rock Star in him and is crusing at a safe speed, avoiding road bumps.

Did you get the meat loaf at the truck stop Neil? LOL

Michael

Michael,

The top hats are in the extended cab. We decided to remove them to make it easier to navigate the bass bins through the front door.

Tom called @ 8:36 PM EDT to report a safe arival. After he drafts a buddy to help unload the Khorns he'll post something. He's eager to open the bass bins to see which woofers are in there. I'm hoping they're Stephens Tru-Sonics.

No truck stop meat loaf on this trip. As I recall it, you were the brave soul who tried the meat loaf special at that truck stop in Fort Wayne. I forget what I ordered. Actually, we were so rushed to meet Tom at Nancy's at 1:00 PM that we didn't have lunch until it was over.

I'm officially a Khorn owner. I want to give MAJOR thanks to Neal and his son for the help. Actually they did most of the work. They horns were in great shape and have a cool history. The original owner bought the first one in 1954 with his income tax refund and the second one the same way two years later. Apparently the original owner had a lot of old audio stuff that was sold before the horns.

The trip from Pittsburgh to Ferndale was 664 miles round trip. I sort of got lucky with the timing, no rush hour involved. I just brought in the top sections and the grills so I'm going to get the rest done before dark. The crossovers are huge, 500-5000's. one with uncoated wire one without. They are 16 ohms. I hope my mc250's in mono sound good, if not it's back to a single, it's enough power anyways I'm sure. I also got some brochures with the speakers, including original 1955 stuff in great shape. I will try to scan and post it, it's my reading for the night. I probably won't get to fire them up until tomorrow.

Tom.

Just checked the woofers, look like brand new. One is a blue Stevens Tru Sonic, the other An EV. Does anybody know if they will sound different. The bolts had a very light, talcum powder like substance on them. I will hook them up tomorrow, long day, must sleep. Not enough Rock star.

Tom

Neil:

The 54 has the trusonic. They both look brand new, I bet they were never opened, I had a hard time. They are in my basement ready to be hooked up tomorrow. Can't wait. I still can't believe that guy next door turned on the sprinkler, he was an ***. I averaged 20 MPG back to PGB, not bad for a 4wd Ranger with a 4.0 liter.

Tom