"Devil Duck goes Cross Country" or "The Adventures of Devil Duck"

On Sunday July 5 Devil Duck is going on an adventure acress the United States and back on a Harley. Right now he is in Powhatan Virginia, Just west of Richmond. He is trying to find his way back to Amy. I will try and updated this post daily if possable with a small write-up and some pictures of DD's progress to find his way home. Here is a link of the route. It is subject to change and the pins are probably not the exact overnight places its just a draft or simple guide. He will be forging his own route somewhat close to this.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=3571+Pineview+Dr.+Powhatan,+VA+23139&daddr=I-40+W+to:I-30+W+to:I-35+S+to:US-59+S+to:TX-249+N+to:I-40+W+to:W+Tomichi+Ave%2FUS-50+to:US-50%2FUS-6+to:US-50+W+to:E+Hwy-20%2FCA-20+to:US-101+N+to:Central+Oregon+Hwy%2FOR-20%2FUS-20%2FUS-395+to:US-12+to:I-90+E+to:I-90+E+to:I-680+E+to:39.880235,-86.049042+to:3571+Pineview+Dr,+Powhatan,+Virginia+23139&geocode=%3BFaQJKAIdWJ_g-g%3BFQ5UBQIddGdw-g%3BFbwOxQEd1PEm-g%3BFdINxAEdSFJN-g%3BFdmyyQEd6JdN-g%3BFX4AGQIdzBju-Q%3BFQYkTAIdhlOg-Q%3BFRyXVAIdSM8w-Q%3BFY9OTQIdlQjG-A%3BFe5cUwIdmlyx-A%3BFQrybQIdgQSZ-A%3BFXjdmAIdbA7n-A%3BFQxAwAIdWFEc-Q%3BFS4fugId9POH-Q%3BFdgGoQIdqGfY-Q%3BFZQneQIdLEVJ-g%3B%3BFWz7OwId53pb-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=15,16&mrsp=17&sz=10&via=10&sll=39.774769,-86.088867&sspn=0.537226,1.231842&ie=UTF8&ll=41.310824,-90.527344&spn=33.461241,78.837891&z=4

More of DD's adventures to follow.

Steve

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Steve: I don't know if you read the post I left you on your other DD thread yet, but that route you are taking through Nevada on US Hwy 50 will take you right through Verna's home town of Fallon where she was born and where we met and lived until 1977. The main street intersection is where US 50 and US 95 cross. Please say howdy for us as you motor through! -Glenn

I will Glen. BTW the briskets are up to 150 and only about 5 hours to go. the pork butt is on, the ribs are ready to throw on and chickens are next. They will be getting rubbed and injected before going on the rotisory.

Caroline is making a Key Lime Pie too. can you say mmmmmmm

Steve

I will Glen. BTW the briskets are up to 150 and only about 5 hours to go. the pork butt is on, the ribs are ready to throw on and chickens are next. They will be getting rubbed and injected before going on the rotisory.

Steve

KEY LIME PIE???? That does it:: WE'RE ON OUR WAY! LOL Key lime pie is my Favorite!

"They will be getting rubbed and injected before going on the rotisory." Hmmm...that sort of sounds like what a stage mananger does to groupees just before he lets them into a rock star's dressing room! LOLOL -Glenn

Steve

You and Caroline are KILLING us out here....have a great barbeque and safe journey!

Michael

Day 1, 07/05/09

Well after spending time cooking and going to the 4ht party we fell alittle behind in leaving. We pulled out at 5:30 pm in the rain. I think this has to be one of the first times I have ever left home for a trip wearing a rain suit. I knew the rain storm was a pretty good band that ran west to east and was traveling east. So I opted to heads south first to get out of the rain. Well it worked and after about 120 miles at the first gas stop I was able to put away the rain suit and so far have not had to put it back on. About 50 miles from home I was passing a truck and there was a little rabbit in the road well Some how he was able to stop right in my path and Devil Duck got his first and hopfully his last victom. We have decided to leave a car in Houston so Caroline is following me and is not riding on the back. We made it to Ashville,NC and stopped for the night.

Here is the first gas stop about 15 miles from the house

post-16814-1381948640655_thumb.jpg