Need some advice on choosing a reference rig

Xigris027

Ok so i have the following in my HT setup:

Samsung LN52A850

Harmon Kardon AVR 354

Sony Playstation 3

Logitech Harmony One

Now i just need to round it out with some great speakers, and i am leaning heavily towards the Reference line. My biggest priorities are probably gaming, movies, and music in that order. So what should i go with guys? I dont want to break the bank, but im not afraid to pay a bit extra for quality either.

In a related note, what would be optimal to run with this receiver? I had heard that H/K's are rated a bit differently than some other brands, but was confused as to exactly how. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. First and foremost, what is your budget for speakers? How big is your room? Post your location so other forum members can help locate gear for sale in your area. Your HK would work fine for any of the ref. series. If you think you want some more oomph, add an outboard amp later.

Bill

PS--Nice TV

Welcome to the forum, Ok so we know what equiptment you have now tell us about your room.

What size it is, is it all closed in or connected to other rooms, is it a dedicated room or does it have other uses?

Currently the room that i have is the the living room of my apt which i estimate to be roughly 15' x 15' with carpeted floors. However, in a year my GF and i plan to be in a house. At this time the likely room dimensions will be around 22' x 22'....perhaps more. This room would also have carpeted floors. This area would be dedicated to HT.

As far as budget its hard to say. Obviously im not going to snag some Palladiums but i dont mind spending for quality. RF-83s are probably the very top end of what i could possibly spend, and that is pushing it. What i am really interested in is outstanding value. Its easy to just go out and buy the most expensive item, but i want to know what products maximize performance for my dollar. Thanks guys!

Edit: I am in the Omaha, NE area.