Harman kardon with Klipsch

newbee

hello everyone

I am from India and new in this community.

Can anyone give me some idea if I can run my Klipsch RF 10 setup with Harman Kardon AVR 155.Would I get a good room filling effect in my 15 feet by 12 feet room.Kindly sugest.Or the receiver is under power to drive the system.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I have a limited budget and moreover we have to pay atleast 80 to 100$ more than the actual price as these equipments are imported from different country. Please sugest me, which companies receiver will go with klipsch.I have tested Denon AVR 1509.HK AVR 155 and HK AVR 255(but not with klipsch).I realy liked the sound of HK AVR.The HK 255cost 850$.HK 155 655$ and Denon 1509 532$..He also have an used Denon Avr 1507 which he is ready to sell at 350$.The klipsch RF 10 is a 75 watt rated speaker. Which one de you think will go with it..Is there any other option.Plesae help.

Welcome to the wonderful world of big ole horns. Please post your system information in your profile so the thoughtful and considerate posters here can give you relevant and valuable answers.

Are you going for the intimate, natural 3D studio sound or more of the rock concert/movie theater experience?

Budget?

Room size?

Room shape?

Corners available?

Primary music or movies?

What percent music or movies?

Prefer extra bass punch or flat accuracy?

Multi or dual channel?

What kind of music?

How loud?

Other planned additions or upgrades?

Own or rent (can you install in walls)?

Tweaking audiophile – handy, willing to DIY?

Prefer new or used?

And some personal background:

How long you have been a Klipsch fan?

How you got introduced to Klipsch?

What else have you tried?

I do not know the impedance curve for the RF-10s. The RF-10s are 95-dbw, which means only one watt drives them to 95 dB at three feet away. Yet, RF-7s dip below 3-ohms in the bass frequencies and the Rf-10s might also. This means that only a very good solid-state or a great tube amp will drive their bass to their full potential. Besides, the towers only go down to 60-Hz. The RPW-10 sub seems good enough to start, but second one might make a big difference.

I think HK sounds great with Klipsch....The RF 10 will go lower than 60 Hz as colin stated they will just not play at 95 dB as the rest of the frequency will.

A sub whether 2 ch listening or for Home Theatre would be a great addition. I've never owned a Denon so I can not comment on how they sound with klipsch speakers. IMO the HK sounded the best of all the recievers I've had, The onkyo's always get good reviews for HT use and so-so reviews on 2 ch listening. So which ever is more important to you.

I have a HK AVR that I can't remember which model it is but it sounded very bad, not near as nice as any of my Yamahas. I will try to remember which model it is and let you know. It would be OK for a garage system that you really did not expect much from but as a HT unit, it was....... not the best or even on the list.

Hello everyone.Actually right now I have a pair of Rf 10 speakers which I run with some vey old sony integrated amplifier(50 watt).Now that 6 months have past with the setup I am planing to build a home theatre with these Rfs.Earlier I got the taste of Klipsch from my friends place who have a home theater setup of RF 3 which he runs with a yamaha receiver.I always liked the sound of these speakers and when I got one available with the local distributor I made no hesitation in picking them up.Temporarily I started playing it with an old sony amp.But now I am seriously thinking of seting up a home theater.That made me wonder in search of a good receiver.As my buget is limited so I planed to complete the system slowly.Now the first thing I need is a receiver and for that my budget is 500$.

The setup will be used 60% for music and 40% for movies.I have a rectangular room size of 18' by 12' with four corners.I like music with little extra bass.It's a own house and I prefer medium to loud music of all kinds.We very rearly get used equipments over here in India. Which receiver shoud be best fited for me.Please suggest.

Thanks[*-)]