Buy the rf83 or not?

uniquetreatone

I offered 6 ave electronics $2600 for a pair of rf83s and a rf64 center. It's a sale they have called "name your price" so I was just testing the waters. They have sent me back a reply saying they have accepted the offer.So of course now I'm wondering if that is a good price or could I have went lower. This will be my front setup for a couple of years so I'm really don't know what to do. Please help with your opinions.

• Moderators

full retail on just the 83's is $2500. Does the deal include shipping?

Actually, they went up on price. They retail now for $2800. Even Vanns.com is selling them for $2800 with free shipping. If they took your first offer, I definitely wouldn't hesitate trying to get them to come down some more. If they accept, then take that printed offer to your local guy and see if they can match or possibly beat their price.

I really wish I had a mom and pop store by me. I live in queens,ny and i checked the klipsch locator and the only stores within 30 miles that come up are all b&m stores. The 6 ave store that I got the quote from is actually about 5 miles away. I would definitely buy from a mom and pop store even if I would have to drive further away or even from the internet if they had a good reputation with the people on the forum. I was very satisfied with my purchase of my pioneer last year from a mom and pop store from upstate n.y. Those types of stores definitely make you feel like family and I love that. So if anyone has any suggestions of a place I would definitely listen.

• Moderators

Last night I offered $2000 for the set and this morning they sent a counter-offer of $2125. So I'm going to head out the store and see how much more it would cost to throw in a pair of rs62s.

Wow, from $2600 down to $2125. I think that is a great deal since the RC-64 can be found for around $600. That would mean you are getting the RF-83's for $1525. I would say that is an excellent price. See it doesn't hurt to ask. Negotiating is something our culture has forgotten how to do. Good luck with your quest!