music quality downloads

jess28

just upgraded again to the rf 63 because i really want to start listening to more music. I fell in love with music again after i heard my rf 82 along with a sepereate amp,it's been a really lomg time since i even listened to music let alone purchased a cd,and alot of the music i want is so hard to find at your fye type music store. I figured down loading may be the best way to go.So what is the best quality ? I see things like flac, which i dowloaded some songs in, but don't know if there is a special way i have to burn them or what? I think i read that flac is a good way to go since it's supposedly lossless audio ? Any suggestions on the best format for download and ways to burn ,and also are verbatim good discs to use?

as always thanks,guys

P.S. SORRY for being so clueless and asking so many questions

I don't know of any download services that offer lossless audio. For sure Itunes, Amazon and Napster don't. Guess is shows that I'm among the oppressed, because I'm just thankful to download DRM free stuff. I'm sure there are some lossless sources available, but my guess it will just be a handful of indie folks. Would be very interested to hear of such lossless download availability.

Don't worry about asking questions. This is a great forum with a huge knowlege base available from the minds of good folk. I sure have received more than I've given.

It's all about the music. Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

i got some flac files from a great site called itchycats does not have the largest selction of music but it does have some .it costs a little money i mainly use for video games i modded my xbox 360,the site has a large amount of high quality movies, tv shows, and pc app and extemely i get speeds of 3.4mbps i can download a 8 gig game in a 1/2 hour .So does that mean flac is a good way to go ? i had to down some codec to get them to play on my pc but they play now so maybe i'll try to burn some and see how they come out

thanks for the help jesse

I know iTunes offers higher quality downloads compared to what they used to be ripped at. I'm not sure if they're considered lossless or not but my wife mentioned that to me the other day since she's on there almost every day. They're slightly more expensive than the regular bitrate songs.

Mp3sparks.com. I've not used it myself, but I used to use allofmp3 before that (you'll notice the sites are very similar :)) You can get anything from basic quality .mp3 files all the way up to full .wav files, as well as lossless.

haha, just tried my allofmp3 login there... worked! I even have credits left. major thx for getting me hooked back up :D