Samsung UN55B8000 LED TV

Jdb

Anyone have this TV, or seen a good demo from a place that calibrates the set? I have a far ride to get to a store that has the ability to demo stuff well. I mean i could go to best buy but I may already have a better idea of the TV without seeing it.

Just wondering if it lives up to its hype

Thanks

JDB

I second that. Though LED is the latest and greatest .............wait till it is tested in the market and prices will go down , really fast.

Too expensive at this time. Lots of deals on Plasmas and LCD TV's out there.............JMHO !

I have the Samsung Series 530 model 46" TV I love it...........Plus it only cost me 998.00 at Wal-Mart.

Of the Samsung LED TVs I saw...the picture was very nice...just not nice enough to pry the added cash from my hands...I bought a 50" Panasonic Plasma and think the picture (as well as the TV) is wonderful...good luck with your choice and don't base your decision solely on how the picture looks at the store...

Bill

I have the original Samsung 4081 TF I believe. Its a 40 inch 81 series LED LCD. It does not have 120 hertz but its 1080p (also only 500,000 to 1 dynamic response not the newer 2 million or so) and I never saw visual ghosting and I use my tv as a computer monitor as well with first person shooting games like TF2 and other Movies from blueray to netflix download. Its fine. The blacks are amazing, if you watch the opening of any Star Wars the tv actually turns off, the leds all turn off and the screen is 100% black when its all black. There is a bit of halo though like when the names or the title comes on where the screen is black but the lettering is there. Was it worth it for me, yes. I move back and forth from college to home and it weighs only 23 pounds. Fedex claims with boxing was 28 pounds. A simlar 40 inch plasma would weigh double or triple the weight. I know my parents have a panasonic 42 inch plasma. I brought this based upon the fact that it was a model down since the new model came out and it was below the price of a standard 40 inch lcd I was looking at. I gave up the lastest "new" lcd for a previous flagship LED Samsung and am glad I did.