R.I.P. Les Paul

CECAA850

As a young kid, probably around eight years, I saw Les Paul and Mary Ford play a show.....the greatest thing about the performance was during one song he would play a riff, record it off stage then replay that part and add another,then another and another.....it evenyually sounded like Les had six or seven guitars playing at one time.....this was around 1962-63 so with the technology at that time you can not imagine what an impact this had on me.

When I heard of his passing the picture of Les and Mary shot in my mind like yesterday.....by the way Mary Ford could play the heck out of the guitar also, and that was also pretty amazing.........

Steve

...this was around 1962-63 so with the technology at that time you can not imagine what an impact this had on me.

Keep in mind that this was technology that Les himself had invented. No-one else knew how to do that at that time.

Islander......that was the best part because it was so far out....only a small percentage of television was in color(for those that actually had a color tv) and most records were bought in mono....even though stereo pressings were also available.

I suppose that is why at 54 it still has such an imprint on my memory.........

As a side note I own a Les Paul Custom Shop and Marshall half stack, I don,t play worth a flip, but I look good when I try! LOL..in a big way!