bryston B4

Brac

I have a chance to buy one of these it comes with a pair of Canton speakers, floor standing with 12 or 15" woofer, also has a TT and a switching unit of some sort.

I will be able to set up for a quick make sure it works, but not for true listening.

gonna be $700 for the lot, any thoughts???

Thanks

The older bryston 4B usually go for $400-$500 on agon..... the newer 4b St and 4B sst go for considerably more $1200-$1500

they have a great reputation and I auditioned the 4B SST (but not with any klipsch) and I was impressed

I can't speak for the other stuff but the amp if in great shape may be worth taking a look at everything??? I wonder what year the amp is from?

wow, I think I might have seen sst on the bottom name plate, I told them I would take it if everything works so tomorrow, I gonna go play with it as much as I can. Thanks for the info, anybody else feel free to chime in.

The sst came out around 1999-2000? the newest that just came out are the sst2 ...new they both listed around $3500 and if I'm not mistaken Bryston has an unlimited 20 warranty that is transfersble....best to check with bryston on the details....

here is a pick of what the SST looks like.....I would run not walk to buy it at $700 if it is an sst.....good luck

post-30274-13819489038536_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this is gonna happen, he said the amp blew a fuse when he hooked it up, can't get a fuse till tomorrow. Not sure what to do if it blows the new fuse, I guess I could make a low ball offer. I'm sure it can be fixed, but not what it would cost.

Well the blown fuse was in the preamp, not the amp, the amp seems to work ok, I was only able to feed it with my laptop though. One of the speakers has a soundless woofer. I was able to get the whole lot for a fair price, so I will report what I got tomorrow with some pics. I will also beging trouble shooting the speaker. They are Canton CT1000's.

The Bryson is a standard B4 not an ST, anybody know how date codes work on these, I would like to know how old it is?