OT: Ticket Brokers

Cody_Mack

I am looking to score some good concert tickets and would like to know what brokers you have used. Not necessarily looking for the cheapest (of course that is high on the list), but reputable is probably the most important factor. I want to know my credit information is protected and that the package I purchase will actually end up in the mail at my home.

I’ve heard there are sites where you can name your price on tickets, sort of like Priceline?

Rick

I have herd that tickethub is a good one, I have not used it my self but couple of people have gotten great deals on some tickets for local and non local events. And they have all recieved their tickets and never got ther credit hijacked.

duder

First, understand I’ve no love for Ticketmaster either – been under the thumb of those bass turds for three decades now and why they haven’t gone the way of Standard Oil or Ma Bell can only be attributed to graft.??

Invariably I’m bent whenever I’m reduced to using TM’s site. It never works until I remember to enable cookies for it (I won’t White-List it on principle). Once the site actually lets you into the respective order page there is a time limit per page thereafter - perform or be punted. Then there is the shock & awe of the fees. What’s that?... you want an actual 'ticket'? It's like another Tax Bracket. Printing fees. Handling fees. Delivery fees. Add ‘em all up and you could almost move a pair of Khorns x-country. Beaten down at that point, I always opt to print my own, a hugeazz barcode on 8.5x11 copy paper. Outstanding. After I’ve folded it five times to fit in my pocket and transported it to and from the venue, I’ll proudly frame that reminder of the greatest show I’ve ever seen.??

I was never a ‘Head’ but was shotgun on a dozen or so Dead shows before the Phat Man punched out into a pile of China White. To my knowledge they were the only band to have their own mail-order ticket service – GDTS. TM still got their allotment to sell but all the true, crusty Headz would mail-order theirs. Files were kept and there was (is?...) an element of favoritism to those with a long history through the service. Family, so to speak. Regardless, they were some of the coolest looking tickets you’ll ever lay eyes on, prolly to keep the attention of Headz so they wouldn’t lose them whilst trippin’ their nerts off.

??And now in recent years the latest money-grab, legalized Scalp Houses. I don’t know how they acquire what they sell, whether through handshakes-on-high or snipping, but as much as I like the Rolling Uglies or U2 or Coldplay… I won’t pay court-side Lakers prices to see ‘um. It's basically come down to me forsaking the biggest acts and waiting for smaller, less known, less traveled bands to come around.

So in the end, it's the fan that loses, literally the guy the whole song and dance is about.

By the way, this mini rant is a general grievance and pointed at no one in particular.