Marantz Model 19 Reciever

retired one

This may be a little off topic here, but I'm hoping that someone could steer me in the right direction. I have an old Model 19 Marantz reciever that needs some help. The left channel keeps dropping off. It usually will come back on when you boost the volume up and then reset it, but it is not as it should be. I have all the original paperwork, manual, schematics, etc. and have had it "repaired" (they replaced some diodes), but the problem keeps coming back. Does anyone know of a reputable service provider for such equipment, hopefully as close to Okla. as possible, that might be able to fix this problem for good? Any quidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have an old JVC amp with a similar problem.

The cure, for me, is to work the input selector switch.

Next time the problem develops, please move the input, tape monitor, and any other selector switches.

You might as well plug and unplug the RCA connectors feeding the thing, and check the speaker wires for tightness. Power down first when doing this.

You should also check the connections to the speakers.

Excuse me if this is overly simplistic. But sometimes these things are a problem, particularly in older equipment. Hey, doesn't cost anything.

Gil

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

cool receiver! marantz is so proud of that receiver that they named a dd/dts receiver after it; the sr19- the first receiver i saw (about two years ago) w/component video switching, and had some cool copper shielding,etc. sounds like you may have dirty connections or contacts in your volume control. try some tv tuner cleaner, and numerous twists of the knobs. hope this works, keep the classic alive!