Need help with center channel placement

PoppaPump

Okay, so this is kind of a strange question. I used to have a rear projection tv which allowed me to use an Omni center channel mount which would sit on top of the tv and rest against the body. I've recently bought a Kuro and can no longer put the center channel on top. So I can either by a wall bracket for the center channel right above where the tv is, or I can buy a new tv stand altogether which will allow me to mount the tv on the bracket and place the center channel right below. The problem is, I am getting my Audio and Video ISF calibrated next month, and the man says that center channel placement is very important and to put it below the tv. Below the the tv would require the new tv stand option, but would put the center channel at ear level. If i go with the wall bracket option above the tv, it will put the center channel 2 feet or so above ear level. Shouldnt he be able to make it sound about the same either way when he's calibrating the sound? The distance from the couch will be almost the same in either position, it just wont be at ear level. The surrounds and front left and right are about at ear level as well. I guess im just looking for some advice as to how big of a deal this is since the new stand is a lot more expensive. If i mount the center on the wall i believe i can angle the speaker downward so it is angled right towards the couch as opposed to going straight out. Does anyone have any experience with professional audio calibration, or know if this will matter? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the center channel is a Klipsch C-3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've had mine above and below the TV and really can't tell the difference. When you watch a movie, your brain thinks the sound is coming out of the mouths of the people on the screen no matter where the speaker is. I have my center channel below my KURO now. The only thing you have to worry about (other than angling it howard your ears) is if you have an enclosed space for your center and your center is rear ported. The rear ports in an enclosed housing will give a slight echo to the dialog. You can line the back of the space with some sound absorbing material and fix that however.