Any Harman Kardon users?

chuckears

I think I have found a receiver that is going to allow me the flexibility I am looking for... the HK AVR-520. It has received pretty solid reviews, but I was wondering what the Klipsch contingency had to say...

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable

(Future upgrades to include):

Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds

Outlaw 1050 AV Receiver

looks very solid, looking at the specs, they give proper specs including distortion, all channel driven etc. and they give the specs at 4ohm or 6ohm too I believe. solid amp section, or so it seems.

also look at the weight in the specs, this is a heavy piece of equipment, always a good indication.

the only thing is, you pay for 6.1 processing you're never going to use, as it does not have a power channel for the surround back speaker. and using a separate amp would be expensive, unless you have an old one lying around somewhere.

looks good IMO, but definitely look at the price compared to the Denon 2802 or 3802.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

I am definitely leaning toward the H\K, or the Outlaw 1050 plus Outlaw ICBM... I think I like the option of component inputs on the H\K, something I believe the Outlaw is lacking...

Anyone with head to head comparisons of these two, please feel free to chime in...

(Jim C., where are you?)

I personally own the H/K 500 which is the 520 two years ago with a few more options. I think it is a great receiver and easy to operate. I wanted to trade my 500 for the 520; however, no denaro. You will love it and it will make those Klipsch sing a very natural tune I'll tell ya.

I have the H/K 520 and I'm still messing around with it, only had it a few days now. I'm using it as a Pre-amp with Acurus power amps. It took me a couple of days to admit to myself that I like it in 2 channel better than my Yamaha DSP-A1, because of the huge price difference I paid.

Craig

------------------

Klipsch KLF30 Mains (OAK)

Klipsch KLF-C7 Front Center (OAK)

Klipsch KLF-C7 Rear Center (OAK)

Klipsch KSP-S6 Surrounds

Dual SVS 20-39CS+ Sub's

Samson S1000 Sub Amp

H/K AVR 520

(2)Acurus 200x3

Yamaha MDX-793 Mini disc

Sony CDP-C701ES 5 disc Player

Sony S565D DVD

Hitachi MX6080EM Muli-system HI-FI VCR

Hitachi 29" T.V.

Thanks for the input all... now I just need to get my wife to decide on blinds and curtains, make her buy them, then I can go ahead with the HT purchases cwm20.gif

...one learns how to make her happy, after nearly 18 years of wedded (mostly) bliss...

This message has been edited by chuckears on 03-02-2002 at 05:00 PM

Thanks, all... the HK AVR-520 is on the list; now, on to the digital and speaker cable decision...

Actually, I don't intend to spark another debate on that particar subject; I will just let it rest with:

"I've decided for myself that cables make a difference, and I am comfortable with what I am willing to pay for them." (Not an arm and a leg, perhaps a finger or two...)