Shipping Help From Boston To Charlotte

Quagh

I have a girl up north of Boston that is willing to ship me a pair of Klipsch Heresy's. I prefer FedEx as a shipper only b/c they have a hub about 3 miles from my house and don't seem as rough as UPS. (disagree at will)

She has asked that I guide her in the packing of these and I wanted to know (lazy I know, I WILL check locally) if any of you knew of any National Packers (FedEx, Packaging solutions, etc) that might be able to do a competent job before she drops these mint puppies off for shipment.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Mark

(PS, I will show her the Shipping 101 Sticky from the AK forum, but the problem may be some moron on the other end, not her, that may tell her x, y & z are not necessary.) I'm doing all I can to maximize safe arrival.Double boxing is a no brainer. However I wanted to make this as painless for her as possible.

Mark.

If you use a professional packer, they at least should own it if damaged in shipping.

Sadly, this happens all too often with Heresy's because so few people pack them adequately. Factory packaging uses three inches (I think) of styro on the ends and corners. You can count on them being dropped (on the corner of course) from a height of five feet.

Dinging the corners is the most likely damage they will suffer. (on a good day)

Double boxing is a good idea. Also sturdy boxes.

Someone on AK suggested Just4U Services which performs a whote glove type service that is allegedly cheaper than the usual suspects and cheaper too. I'll have to see what that quote looks like and report back. Sounds like the best option though. Thanks.

More pix and the full story here:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/118070/1190819.aspx#1190819

As long as they are padded well on the corners and the box is wrapped tight around them (no foam peanuts) you will be fine. It is a matter of making the corners crush proof and not letting them move around inside the box. The wood on the sides was overkill, but I had it on hand and was not paying for the weight of the shipment. Getting a box big enough and cutting it down to size is the key.

Good Luck!