Please tell me I didn't make a bad decision - CS-500

dawiyo

I went to Best Buy today not looking for anything too crazy and they had an open box CS-500 system. It's missing the subwoofer cable and the remote. Ending up buying it for $99 which I thought was a screaming deal.

1. Does anyone know if Klipsch sells the subwoofer cable separately?

2. Also, because of the missing remote, this has driven me that much further to get a universal remote. Do I for some reason need the original remote to program the universal one such as a Logitech or something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

gotcha. I would troll through ebay quickly and then send an email or call the klipsch parts department and they should be able to hook you up.

In addition to the above, they should also hook you up on the missing remote. I'd bet that even if you had to pay for one, you'd still come way ahead of what you would've paid for a brand-new CS-500 set (not to mention buying a typically more expensive universal remote). Failing that, if you got, say a Logitech Harmony remote, you may be able to find the command set as a downloadable file to put in your Harmony.

• 1 month later...

How did this turn out? I got mine at Best Buy for $150 but no remote. A friend has located the remote for $50 from klipsch but that's a 1/3 the way to the logitech harmony. Did you go with a universal remote and if so did it work? What brand? Any help is appreciated. Trying to set up a nice but small system I can deploy with (us army) without spending much money. So far this plus a laptop and working well. Would like to add a desktop monitor and use s-video. Specifically, can you do on-screen programming with your current set-up?

Hooah, lahn

lahn,

Everything tuned out great in the end. I received the subwoofer cable and remote free of charge from Klipsch and since then I have purchased some speaker stands ($14.40 [:D] ) from MonoPrice.

I ended up purchasing the Logitech Harmony One remote for my whole system and it works perfectly with the CS-500. Even though it's not necessary for the system to function, I added the "Surround Toggle" to my new remote. It seems like that was the only one missing from the Logitech database.

For the on-screen set-up, you can do it with a universal remote. It uses the "Menu" button on Logitech remotes.

Hooah,

Dave

• Moderators

Just thought to say something, be sure to adjust all the channels to the correct volume for each speaker position to where you sit, it's very important. Unless your HTR has the auto adjustment with the little Mic.

Well how does it sound ?

is this the stand you bought? http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082804&p_id=3022&seq=1&format=2

Speaker Stand - Black (SS-01) - Set of 2

Just curious as I'm also looking for stands for my cs-500. thanks in advance

Those are the ones

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well how does it sound ?

I know it's not the high-end stuff, in fact, it's the complete opposite in Klipsch's product line, but I still like it. I know one day I move up to a separate amp & speaker set-up. But for now this is a lot better than the Sony CT-100 I was looking at buying before.

Edit: Forgot to mention: Picked up a set of Klipsch S4's for my iPhone the other day. I think I found a new brand [:D]

• Moderators

I know it's not the high-end stuff, in fact, it's the complete opposite in Klipsch's product line, but I still like it.

There's nothing wrong with those at all, I had a chance to hear them a couple of years ago and was very surprised at the sound. [Y] They sound much bigger than they look, and sound better than 99% of the same size speakers on the market, you did very good.

Enjoy them, that's the whole idea.

To be honest and not because this is a Klipsch website I have heard most of there products from computer speakers, to speakers over 8' tall and over 500 LBS each and in my opinion they all sounded better than the competition in each size and comparable price. NOTHING makes me stay on this forum except the sound quality of there products and the friends I have made here, one led to the other !