Looking for a little help on Dual Subwoofer set up

Dylanl

Link did not work

Did you read THIS on the "shack" page?

I was referring to this: (copy and pasted)

Efalegalo, it is a pretty standard component swap. There are only two parts to change. The two green Poly/Film Caps at c7 & c8. If you look at the OP's pics, it is the two green caps directly behind the trim/volume pots.

If you have never done anything like this find something broken, remove all the parts and put them back in. You should get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Now just go to RS, and ask for two .47uF Poly/Film Caps, or if they are out four .22uF Poly/Film Caps.

De-solder the old caps out, and slap the new ones in. Clip the leads down to size and you are done.

A pic would only show you two slightly larger green caps in the old ones places.

If you have never done anything like this before, I can't see an electronics shop charging you more than $10 for labor, or so. I's only a 5min job. Good luck. t.gif

• 3 months later...

Turns out I can pick up a BFD locally, so I may pick one up, and try it out to see what kind of levels I can get out of it, then if it doesnt work, I'll just return it, or maybe even keep it and use it in conjunction with an UltraGain.

Oops....I missed that. Did they work together?