Denon POA-1500---Any Advice Accepted

willland

I have an opportunity to buy what seems like a very nice Denon POA-1500 amp offered on C-list. The seller wants $235.00 OBO. Any thoughts,opinions, etc.

I am considering hooking it up to the stereo pre-outs from my Marantz 2252b to power my Forte's. Maybe pair it with my Luxman R-115 to drive the Forte's. What do you guys think?

Bill

Thanks for uploading a picture for me. The one I am considering is black with rosewood sides. The seller emailed me pictures that I tried to post but could not get it to work. I have not listened to it yet. The seller lives way on the other side of Orlando about 40 miles away. If he still has not sold it by Saturday I hope to be able to take a look and listen.

Bill

Denon amps are top notch in build quality and sound, and will drive your Fortes nicely. I have run Denon equipment with my Forte lls for over 15 years and am very happy with the result. My POA 2400 has a little more power than the POA 1500 you are looking at, but the 1500 has those awesome meters on the front which are unbelievably cool to watch as they bounce back and forth. My brother almost bought one of those a few years ago.