OT (with Klipsch content) Gotta brag on SON in U.S. Navy

Cal Blacksmith

We had our Son home on leave from the U.S. Navy for the last two weeks and the time went by so fast! Last Saturday, we drove him to his new base in Lemoore, Ca. We didn't even know there was a Navy base there but there it is big as life. The base is 265 miles, door to door from our home so the drive (on a good day) is only 4 1/2 hours, this means that he will be able to drive home for Thanksgiving and Christmas (both of which he has off at this time in his schedule).

For those of you who served (or are serving) in our armed forces, the pics might bring back some memories. For those of you who are not or were not in the millitary, these pics might give you some idea of how our service member live while on base and single, in school.

These shots were taken on his moving in day so the room is not "squared away" (Army Lingo) or "Ship Shape" (Navy Jargon) and there is some "mess" to be seen. Also, his room mate was sleeping in bed when my son took the shots so the room mates bed is not shown but it looks just like my sons but to the left or against the outside wall in the room.

The audio for the room is a Dennon AVR powered Klipsch GMX 5.1 speakers. This setup from Klipsch comes with it's own amp to power the speakers and provide Xover to the sub (the only input to the sub is from the system amp) The speakers are now setup to run from the AVR with only the sub output from the AVR going to the audio input of the GMX amp until he can buy a seperate powered sub. Though the AVR is at least 2 generations old, it is all that is needed to switch between the game systems in the room, a PS2, PSP and an Xbox. The AVR then feeds the video signal to my sons 21"? plasma monitor. He plans to get a PS3 later and will use the optical cable from the PS3 to the AVR for the speakers and run the video to the plasma screen via a HDMI cable and select between the AVR and the PS3 with the inputs to the plasma screen.

When we went to the base exchange (NEX) the only "high end" speakers on display were Bose KLIPSCH ARE YOU LISTENING?????[:|] so I have no doubt that my sons setup sounds better than just about anything else in the building. When he first got the GMX setup, we had the fronts speakers on a pair of H2s that he had in his room and honestly it was hard to tell if it was the H2s playing or the GMX setup! I was going to offer him the H2s for his room but as you can see in the pics, there is not much room for them there.

OK, now for the Pics [:D]

First the audio setup, yes the speakers are not setup for suround in the pic!

For some reason I could not post the pics so here are the links.

Klipsch in Navy room

Looking in from door, head to the right

Head (bathroom) with sink, micro, refer, shower and toilet to right off camera

Sons bed, unmade with AVR and shopping bags scattered about

Looking back to door, head on left, closets to right

Thanks will be forwarded to my son, thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

Mark, enjoy your son being home! The time passes WAY too quickly! Enjoy your time off also and give your son a hug and a thanks from me. What field has he gone into? er, what is his rate? Our son is AT or Aircraft Tec. he will be field checking radiar and comm equipment for proper operation and be replacing defective units as needed with repaired ones. Right now at least, he plans to continue his education and get into repairing of the units.

Our Son knows about and thanks you all for your kind words.

I just got a phone call from him this morning and tomorow he is going to be one sore puppy!

They are going to take out all 4 wisdom teeth at the same time! They are hard for him to get to to clean completley and he is getting cavities in them so he has decided that rather than getting fillings every few years, they will come out. OUCH! I have had mine out but not all 4 at the same time! That has GOT to hurt [:P]