Loud Speaker ; ...follow up

Vonrebel

Hey! The horn loaded woofers on the Klipsch's are just like those of the Bose Wave Radio! I think I should get a Wave Radio!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Vonrebel -

Welcome to Klipsch! Looks like you fell in the proverbial s--tpile, and came out smelling like a rosecwm16.gif

Not a bad place to be! You did great with the RF-7/RS-7/RC-7 kit - that's one helluva system. Don't feel that you didn't get the goods - you did! All's well that ends well. Just make sure you protect those precious golden woofers, they crease/dent very easily.

There is a wealth of information on this forum, provided by the minds of the best audio forum on the web, and the goodness of Klipsch by providing this space. If you use the search, you'll find out just about anything about Klipsch, your speakers, and audio in general. Odds are, your questions have been addressed before, and if not, that's what we're all here for.

Enjoy the new kit!

Re the Stereo Times review:

I was not aware that Klipschorns could be set up in opposite corners in 2 channel until I read the article. Does anyone on the forum do this?

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

Actually, dndphishin, no less an authority than Dr. Floyd Toole VP of Hardin Industries discusses the merits of putting mains in opposite corners of a square room with the TV and center main in the corner between the mains. Read about it in the white. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-09-2002 at 04:48 AM

Yeah yeah HornEdOne you and your O Timmy Toole whithey papers. LOL

Some say Bob Carver is my idol,I think O Toole is your idol. Smile.gif

TheEAR(z) with a Z agrees with Dr Toole papers

Now stop waving them white papers in our faces.

cwm1.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

lynnm,

http://www.infinitysystems.com/home_audio/whitepapers/acoustics_spkrplacement.pdf

Just a question, here... and don't take offence, lynn, I'm really just curious... I frequently see posts asking for a link to something someone referenced in a thread. Like this one, for example... please provide a link to the Floyd Toole discussion on speaker placement across the diagonal. I read that question, and tried a search on "Floyd Toole speaker placement". The very first link that popped up was the link I referenced in this post. Took me, like, 30 seconds to find it. Why wouldn't someone at least TRY looking for something before asking that someone else post a link for them? Might save you days waiting for someone to respond to your question.

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Actually, Lynn, Dr. Toole is a prolific writer and has been at this a long time... so finding a specific file is not always easy. Ray's quick find certainly hits the spot, but here is the one that I was referencing: http://www.harman.com/wp/index.jsp?articleId=default

While it is a bit more technical, I found it to be more helpful. As stated before on this Forum, I bought an experimental set of Infinity subwoofers and speakers to test out various Toole concepts... and their subs have a unique way of being tweaked after room information is sent to Infinity for coding. It was a worthwhile learning experience... but not for one who is short of coin.

And, Ear(s), I guess you will just have to cover your eyes... or continue complaining. As long as their are folks on this Forum that ask I will try to answer... and if that means giving them a reference BobG gave me, so be it! Hmmm, maybe I will just post some acoustics and psychoacoustics resources under the slow moving architectural segment to help those of us with less insight... and that way maybe it will be out of "Ear(s)hot" cwm34.gif

Hope you find Toole's "White Papers" as interesting as I did, Lynn. Sorry I took so long to find your question. -HornEd

Hello Ray

Good point. Typically I do exactly what you suggest because as you rightly point out I can generally find an answer faster for myself.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)