Would Klipsch Heresy be a good center channel?

Evolvo

Every center channel I have used does not match well with my Klipsch Heresies, so my question is would I be better served using another Heresy as a center channel. When I'm listening to movies and I'm using my center channel lately a KT-LCR I don't really notice a difference. But when I listen to Multi channel music, the klipsch heresy are always projecting sound very well, and the tweeter provides great clarity and that extra high end to the music. However the center channel always sounds different no matter what center channel I use. Most center channels just seem to lack the clarity as well as the good projection of sound. It's not to say the KT-LCR is not a good center channel, it just sounds different than the heresies.

When I listen to 2 channel on the heresies it's pure bliss, know I want my multi channel music to sound like this. So are there any disadvantages in going with a Heresy as a center channel. Also, are there any other center channels out there that match the Heresies well?

Wow odyssey you just boggled my mind. Your statement just made me realize that the center channel I have is exactly that, it must be the acadamy, because it looks just like what you showed me. I thought it was a KT-LCR, but the emblem on the grill on the speaker I have is horizontal to speaker, like the acadamy and not vertical like the KT-LCR. If I really do have the Academy and not the KT-LCR then I don't really think that the academy matches all that well with the heresies. Are the Academy and KT-LCR essentially the same speaker. It matches ok, but when I go from Stereo to Multi channel music, I can tell that the Academy does have the projection and high end of the Heresy.

Get a third Heresy to go between your Heresies. Remember, the Heresy was first designed to be used as a centre speaker between a pair of Klipschorns. When it came out in 1957, it was the world's first centre speaker.

If you have to lay the centre Heresy on its side under the TV, it will still sound good.

Get a third Heresy to go between your Heresies. Remember, the Heresy was first designed to be used as a centre speaker between a pair of Klipschorns. When it came out in 1957, it was the world's first centre speaker.

If you have to lay the centre Heresy on its side under the TV, it will still sound good.

If you can't find one then you can use two wired in series placed vertically. My pair hold up a 50" Samsung Plasma and are quite stable and sound great between my Khorns. Pic here