info on speakers and room size

garol

Hello, my room is @ 14x15 and looking to purchase a better speaker package for it. I cannot find a local retailer on klipsch in order to hear their speakers and I don't want to buy too big of speakers for this size of room. I can purchase used rf-62 for $600 a pair (good deal?) but then was looking at rs-42 and rc-52. Would this be too muck for this room? Thanks

Given it's only been a few hours since your post and many of us work, it may take a little time.

The RF 6 2 would not be to big for your room, I would stick with the Reference series equipment, mostly because I've not heard the new line.

IMO 600 for used RF 62 seems high, you could locate a pair of RF 5 for about that price or less and get a better speaker.

Sorry about my impatience!! That was what I thought on the rf-62 deal also. I offered 450 and then 500. I have been looking all over craigslist for some decent towers though. The rs-42 and the rc-52 seem like they are good speakers though and I will prob get them. Haven't seen any rf-5 except 1 pair on ebay @ 550. I heard my friend's f-1 system and fell in love with klipsch. I haven't auditioned anything else in the klipsch family but figured the reference series has to be a lot better. Thanks for your time!

Sounds like the appearance of the speakers in relation to the room size is very important to you. That's cool. You are certainly on the right track then. If you really liked the F-1 system you heard, F-3s would really make you smile. Personally, my room is 16 x 18 and I have LaScala mains, Heresy center, 2 KSW-12 subs, and RB-25s mounter high and back for surrounds. I've had the mains since 1970 and I think I always will have them.There is a lot to be said for 'headroom' even when talking speakers. I know I'll get some arguement with that.

I have a pair of F-3 towers that I picked up from a distressed Ebayer. I had to put about 50 bucks into various broken pieces but it was worth it. These F-3s will be part of the secondary HT planned for the kid's family room along with an Academy center and RB-25 surrounds.

Like I said, you are on the right track. I agree that the used price you saw is a bit steep. Mixing speakers can be bad. It can also be good. The Academy I have sound great with the F-3s but not so great with LaScalas. RF-62s are great and would fit your room. Heck, RF-7s would fit. It's really a matter of budget and taste. What I have found is that as long as the various speakers are from a similar series, they sound good together. I started with an SC-3 as center. Not. Then Academy. Not. Heresy. Sweet!

I look at sound the same way I llok at gardening. It's not a destination, it's a journey. Good luck. You can't go wrong with the choices you've listed.

• Moderators

Not the answer your looking for but I went with 2.77 LBS of speaker per square foot 18X24 room #1200 pounds of speakers. That includes 5.1 HT and separate 2 CH, not counting electronics.

[:o] No help what so ever I know, but you just got me thinking, and dumb stuff happens when I think. [;)]

Thanks Bill and everyone else! I live in Jupiter, Fl (33458). Little info on my AVR. It is a yamaha HTR-5960, it is about 3 years old but seems to work fine. I am pretty new at all of this. My last house had a theater room with speakers already in the wall, but since I moved I now have to purchase new. Before, I usually just bought a HTIB! I am really impressed with the klipsch system I heard though and I don't know if that is good! My current room isn't too big but I do have a 96" screen for my sony projector.

I have been watching ebay and craigslist for klipsch speakers but I kep striking out. One guy here in hollywood was listing a complete rf-62 system with a receipt for 3000.00 to only find out he had the rf-62 towers and then some other pieces. I kept catching him changing his story. Here is the link: http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/ele/1466296715.html. Let me know what ya think.

On ebay, I was thinking about rs-42 and the rc-52 as starters and go from there. I also need to purchase speaker wire. Can you help me pick on that also. I am planning to run the wire inside the walls and come out of the baseboards to run on the outer wall under the carpet. Thank you all for your time and advice. Also, I am not one that like to pay full price for something but always looking for a "good deal!!"

The r-7's are too far away. I recently got a package deal on ebay a guy was selling. These are all brand new in the box:

RS-42 Rear channels (pair); RC-52 Center; RPW sub; RB-35 Front surrounds (pair)

I researched and the rs-42 and the rc-52 are pretty good. The RPW I've read some good and some bad. The RB-35's I can't seem to find too much about. Are they ok for the front surrrounds? I see some good deals on the rf-52 but not sure which is best to have. I was thinking that I could also mount the rb-35s on the sides of the projector screen. I am just not sure if I should keep them or buy the rf-52s or just hold out and use the rb35s until I find a better deal on a better speaker. What do ya think?!! Thanks!!