Cant make the decision...

Jakeg123

I say get the RC-62. It is crucial for the center to be voiced matched to the mains. You do not have to buy the same brand of subwoofer.

Bill

Would the RF-82s be able to handle the base for the time being? The problem is that if I buy one, it will probably be months until I could buy the other. I guess the other possibility is to buy a subwoofer of lesser quality (like the sub-12) and save for the center but I wouldn't want to skimp on the subwoofer. I know the subwoofer doesn't have to be the same brand, but for some reason I could not see myself buying anything but Klipsch. I guess that is a little problem that I have. [;)]

• Moderators

I was going to suggest the same thing for the same reason. If it were me, I would buy the RC-62 since you really need to get that particular speaker for the front soundstage to be timbre matched. As stated, you can get any brand sub. I love my Velodyne. Others have had great results with SVS, Epik and Elemental Designs. The second reason that I would wait on the sub is that you can often find some really great deals on subs on craigslist. Even if you found a lesser quality sub to start out with, if it's a great deal, you can always sell it for what you have in it later to upgrade to a better sub. It's like a forced savings plan. My last two Velodyne subs were sweet deals.

I was going to suggest the same thing for the same reason. If it were me, I would buy the RC-62 since you really need to get that particular speaker for the front soundstage to be timbre matched. As stated, you can get any brand sub. I love my Velodyne. Others have had great results with SVS, Epik and Elemental Designs. The second reason that I would wait on the sub is that you can often find some really great deals on subs on craigslist. Even if you found a lesser quality sub to start out with, if it's a great deal, you can always sell it for what you have in it later to upgrade to a better sub. It's like a forced savings plan. My last two Velodyne subs were sweet deals.

That is very true but I listen to more music than i watch movies so because of that would I be better off getting the sub first and then getting the center? Or would it still be most important to get the center? With my past systems, I have actually never had a center before because I have always thought it was not as needed because I mostly only listen to music. Is this true?

i think all excellent advice BUT.. i am going to offer a different angle.. yes the sub does not need to be the same brand as speakers and yes the centre is not really needed in music, unless of course you are watching a concert in 5.1 or something like that. but in most cases a centre is not needed in 2 music.

and absolutly the front stage should all be timber match re L C R BUT in HT i can not imagine watching a movie without a decent sub. I would much prefer a L R Sub combo to a L C R when watching a movie. to me you need a sub for all the low frequencies..

But of course if you can get the centre channel for a great price then it would be hard to turn it down.

this is just my opinion of course..

I hope i havent put a spanner in the works