LossLess Blackbody - I'll Take Two!

justin_tx_16

Has anyone here heard about this engineering marvel? (snicker)

200_blackbody2_MED

http://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html

What is the Blackbody?

The Blackbody is a high-tech audio accessory which greatly enhances your audio playback experience by addressing the interaction of your audio gear's circuitry with ambient electromagnetic phenomena and modifying this interplay. The Blackbody takes advantage of the quantum nature of particle interaction, and is therefore able to permeate metal, plastic, wood, and other barriers to affect the circuitry inside your components. This altered electromagnetic influence results in profoundly improved sound quality.

What does the Blackbody do that power filters do not?

The LessLoss Blackbody is not a power filtering device. Rather, it complements your power filtering device by addressing the audible imperfections incurred by your gear's direct interaction with ambient electromagnetic phenomena. Where a power filtering device leaves off, the Blackbody, as a field filtering device, takes over.

What will it do to the sound?

Percussive strikes have never been cleaner and more musically comprehensible. You can feel the muscle power in the bow arm and sense the smile's quality in the voice of the lead singer. There is something about mind before matter which is revealed to the listener, and everything takes on a more genuinely human sound quality. Discern age and maturity of tone as never before. In a word: the sound will be improved in a way that has not yet been addressed. Tubes sound less tubey and transistors lose their twinge. A local audiophile who usually speaks only in terms of highs and lows could only put it this way: "When I remove the Blackbody, the attractiveness of the music is gone."

That looks a lot like a blackbody I used when I worked at NASA, less the the little dots on the front.

It was a controlled temperature device that could be set to a given temp and you used it to calibrate temperature sensing devices.

Tubes sound less tubey

Oh yes! I want to spend big bucks on tube amps, then add something to make them not sound like tube amps. [:^)]

I'd also like to find a device that can make a 1945 Rothschild taste like Boone's Farm. [:P]

Snickering at something you don't understand, and haven't used, seems to be par for the low-brow on many forums.

I'm willing to wager that while it changes the sound, they're not sure why, and it does seem a bit expensive.

Those lacking an open mind, and insufficient funds to try it out, will of course never know.