new to forum....my new setup any good??

djwarila

hey guys ive been reading this forum alot lately since ive ordered my ht setup. now that im a user i have a few Q's about the stuff ive ordered......i purchased the RF-83's, and an RC-64 id like to know wich subwoofer(s) would be best to pair with these two? i work at an audio store so i do get a great discount so money wont be a prob. ive heard the RT-12d and the KW-120 thx subs.....i liked the thx over the rt-12. Any other suggestions? also im going with either the onkyo tx-nr3007 or integra dtr-80.1 for a receiver. will that be enough power? or should i get a seperate 2 or 3 channel amp for the fronts? any input would be great.

Welcome. Yes you have very nice speakers. What brands/subs do you carry at the audio store you work? Many folks like the offerings from SVS which is internet. If money was not an issue, I would opt for separate amplification. Again what brands do you sell for this as well?

for subs there are klipsch, and all of thier companys, jamo,kef.......also earthquake, bay audio, monitor audio, jl audio. as for receiver the choices are onkyo, integra, mcintosh(expensive) yamaha earthquake ect. i was thinking of getting either the onkyo tx-nr3007 or integra dtr-80.1 and as for a seperate to add ill have to go on you guys opinion. is there a good 3 channel amp that will power my fronts real well for under a grand or so?

lol, ya that would prob work best. i have done some comparison between the rw-10d rt-12d and the kw-120 thx......i liked the kw the best plus you get 2 of them also. but for the money would i be better off placing 4 rw-10d's around my place? but mainly im looking for others opinion on the thx kw subs, i think those will be the ones ill get. anyone have them or demoed them?

If you can get the thx subs at a good price you should really think about them. I believe Indyklipschfan has those subs in his HT with 5 LaScala's and it sounds unreal.

As far as a three channel amp that would power your front speakers you should take a look at Emotiva, the XPA-3 is currently on sale and from the reviews around here people really like the combo with Klipsch speakers.

James

ya i was looking at the emotive, actually it was that exact model (xpa-3) will i hear a sound diffrence with that compared to an onkyo or integra 145wpc? and yes i do get a very good price on the kw's and i do like them. how do they compare to just say the rw-10d? is it a huge diffrence? thanks

I don't own either sub but I can tell you if they have the kw's at three times the cost of the 10d you better hear a difference. You would also have to deal with the placement of the kw's to really maximize their potential.

As far as the difference between the receivers and the external amp it might only be minimal. You can just get the receiver and see how it sounds to you and if you think you need an extra boost pick up the external amp, with Emotiva 30 day money back all you would be out is shipping cost. When I switched from receiver to separates was a difference but I went from a Sony 100 wpc, or so it said, to an Outlaw 7100 that was 100 wpc. Then I made a switch from the 7100 to the 750 which is 165 wpc, now that change was very noticeable.

James

now just out of curiosity what would you guys do for a sub setup for about 3 to 4 grand

You should check out the "Subwoofer" section here and read what they are talking about or post this same question. You should get more feedback there.

and also which receiver or seperates for about $2500?

For that kind of coin you can go with Emotiva and for $1500 you can get the UMC-1 and XPA-5 or get a combination of their amps to fit your needs.

If you had $3000 you can hold out for the Outlaw 997 pre and get the current 7500 amp.

James

Not sure I'm qualified to give you any direction on the sub question. But regarding power I can tell you that when I put a 125w per channel 7.1 amp on my system it was like getting all new speakers. Couldn't believe the difference the power made. Hard to describe it, but it was clearly the best money I've ever spent...