sigh

Thaddeus Smith

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, thanks carl. ...any clue as to why this would keep blowing fuses? (been through a full set of 4 now) ..flip the switch and blows the fuse. I've sent an email to klipsch support as well as to the seller to see if they'd pay for the repairs vs. shipping back and refunding, so we'll see. more waiting.

One suggestion, try plugging the sub into another outlet in another room with the sub cable not connected to it. Does it still blow the fuse?

still blows the fuse.

here's the listing, which states it's in good cosmetic and functional condition: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160385662696#ht_2531wt_1035

so far, i'm a little disappointed but until I see how they handle the situation I can't really get frustrated. the cabinet/drivers are in good enough shape that there's no way i'm shipping this back :P

• Moderators

I wouldn't get too worked up either until hearing back from the seller. They have a great feedback record so my guess is they will work to make things right, especially since the item is not as described in their ad. They might send you some money off but my guess is they don't have the ability to repair it themselves. They sold an RT-10d for $450. Yours is listed as an RT-10. I didn't realize there was a 10. I thought all the RT's were "d"s. Good luck.

Ouch, I thought you just had a fuse that needed to be replaced, I did not know it kept blowing fuses. Contact the seller they seem to be good so I hope they will set things right for you. While things like the broken grill pegs were to be expected, you were promised and expecting a perfect working sub. They seem to have quite a few so I hope they will take their loss and send you another.

In any case contact the seller and see where they stand, it is their responsibility to correct this.

I wouldn't get too worked up either until hearing back from the seller. They have a great feedback record so my guess is they will work to make things right, especially since the item is not as described in their ad. They might send you some money off but my guess is they don't have the ability to repair it themselves. They sold an RT-10d for $450. Yours is listed as an RT-10. I didn't realize there was a 10. I thought all the RT's were "d"s. Good luck.

All of the RT's are "d'"s, I think that part was just a typo leaving the "d" off in some of the references to the sub, some of the references do include the "d".

But they did sell what was supposed to be a good functioning sub with slight cosmetic damage but functioning good and that's not what he received. Hopefully the seller will take care of this without any further issues.

• Moderators

They seem to have quite a few so I hope they will take their loss and send you another.

True, if they have another sub, I wouldn't hesitate to let them send me a new one so that even if it gets fixed, it might still have problems in the future.

It might be something as simple as the wires to the driver came loose during shipment and are touching one another. I wouldn't open it up untill I heard from the seller however.

I can't believe how much trouble you've had in upgrading your sub in the last couple months. You've built your karma bank up, so look for something good to come your way.

It might be something as simple as the wires to the driver came loose during shipment and are touching one another. I wouldn't open it up untill I heard from the seller however.

I can't believe how much trouble you've had in upgrading your sub in the last couple months. You've built your karma bank up, so look for something good to come your way.

haha, right?? I opened it up an all the wires are where they should be.. I haven't removed the amp plate yet to see if there are any torched components. Seller was responsive and offered refund + prepaid shipping return label. there's a part of me, however, that want's to stick it out and get this thing working ..trying to get a hold of a live body at klipsch so I can make an informed decision quickly.

• Moderators

I thought the same thing about my promedia sub but found out it wasn't worth the effort to try and fix it. If it was me, I would check to see if they have another RT-10 they could send you. Glad they are willing to prepay shipping to return it. Seems like they are pretty reputable.

I thought the same thing about my promedia sub but found out it wasn't worth the effort to try and fix it. If it was me, I would check to see if they have another RT-10 they could send you. Glad they are willing to prepay shipping to return it. Seems like they are pretty reputable.

the impression i'm left with is that I can deal with it, or send back for refund. He's not been rude at all ..but given what he sells and the demographic to which he sells it ...he can't afford to stray from "the policy". i get that. it's frustrating, and I wish I could just upgrade my sub without a bunch of hassle ..but in the end, I still get a great sub in relative excellent shape, for 1/3 the msrp ...not too shabby. klipsch support was wicked fast and efficient and I may not have gotten the white glove warranty treatment ..but I also didn't get hassled or cast aside for buying used.

the ps3 thing is annoying, but hopefully null once I hook up the optical cable. so until i have a receiver that supports True-HD and the room for 7.1, i'll manage

the rc-7 survived the ups grunts and sounds great ..i'm content

i managed to get the tv i wanted without sacrificing to a lesser model or having to purchase scratch and dent (amazon was sold out of new stock for over a week). And it will arrive via freight on monday. so i'm pleased

i'm done whining and stressing and would much rather enjoy the holiday time ..thanks guys for tracking this thread and offering advice/support. look for a new thread with a positive beat and a happier michael. happy holidays, etc etc.. :)

I would check to see if they have another RT-10 they could send you.

Yes I would see if they have another that you may be able to work something out, even if you paid the return shipping this would come out cheaper for you than paying for the repair.

But even if you do pay $200.00 to have it repaired you still came out with a pretty good price on this sub as it has a retail msrp of $1,799 new.

Still I feel sorry for you for the recent problems you've had, hope everything improves and you can start enjoying your system.

i opted to RMA the amp. The cabinet is in remarkable shape and the drivers look fantastic, inside and out. The grills are "meh" but will work great until I can get some replacements. i'm tired of hunting down subs, and if this one ends up not being my taste ..it'll at least function and be sale worthy. (though i'm pretty sure i'll love it). I'm quite looking forward to a year or so of just enjoying what i've put together ..