RW-12d has no power

MDGIII

Newby here,

My RW-12d won't power up. So first things first. At the risk of sounding really lame I can't find a fuse and there is nothing about the existance of a fuse except the note on the back panel to always replace with same type fuse and rating. Do I need to take the back panel off to get to it?

the rw-12d is also built into the male plug..get down close and look. its hard to see but its in a little tray that slides out with your thumbnail or screwdriver. my amp failed and would blow fuses as soon as i turned it on..had to send it off to klipsch. repair cost was $120 with free shipping back to me.

the rw-12d is also built into the male plug..get down close and look. its hard to see but its in a little tray that slides out with your thumbnail or screwdriver. my amp failed and would blow fuses as soon as i turned it on..had to send it off to klipsch. repair cost was $120 with free shipping back to me.

$200 for me to send the amp in ..so either the rate has raised or it varies by model. either way, it's more cost efficient than buying a new sub altogether (unless you've been wanting something different and needed a reason)

hopefully your amp has just blown a fuse and a fuse change will fix it, but if it keeps blowing fuses you will need to get it repaired. my amp was repaired just two months ago. i wrote klipsch parts and told them the amp was blowing fuses as soon as i turned it on and they gave me this quote back via email before even looking at the amp. here is the email below, so i do hope they offer you the same pricing. if you do not use klipsch i can recommend a very good guy who will look at it for free and do the work usually at the same rate as klipsch, $120 with free shipping back, out of texas. his email is

eliott4113@yahoo.com or you can go to

elliot-tronics.com

heres my email from klipsch:

Matt,

What you’ll want to do is call us and set
up a repair on the amp. The cost is $120 for the repair plus shipping to us, we
cover return shipping. Just call the number below to get the process started.

Greg Niehaus - Product Support Representative

Phone: 800-554-7724 | Fax: 317-860-9194

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klipsch Group, Inc. Klipsch | Jamo | Mirage | Energy

3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268

Thanks Matt,

The fact that I have seen so many issues with this speaker and that Klipsch could tell you how much it was going to be without even seeing the panel smells fishy. When I initially googled my issue there seemed to be an aweful lot of folks out there with the same problem with this speaker. Sounds to me like it must be a real design flaw in this line of Subs. I can't really imagine they would have the same issue with so many of their subs out there and suggest it was anything but that. I'm not a huge audiophile by any stretch but amazingly after buying my first system over 40 years ago I have never had a speaker panel to blow on me. I don't ever push the sound levels and actually I have only turned it on a couple dozen times. I would appeciate anyone at Klipsch offering me insight into why such a well built speaker would have such a common problem and ongoing problem and feel good about charging customers $120 to fix a problem that appears from all accounts to be a design flaw. I have had my Sub for over 3 years and certainly outside of the manufactures warranty but I can't imagine Klipsch can in good conscience would charge anything more than the shipping costs to fix these flawed panels. After all isn't the purpose of the fuse to protect the speaker from damage? HMMM....

• 2 years later...

"Sorry to learn of the
issues with your RT-12d subwoofer.

Have you replaced the
fuse? If so, were you using a "SLO BLO" type fuse?

If you may have been
using a fast acting fuse, these will blow

immediately. If you have
a Radio Shack near you, their part number for

the appropriate slow blow
fuse is: 270-1068.

If it blows the slow blo
fuse, then the amplifier portion would need

to be serviced.