Inexpensive inkjet printer for cds?

fini

I'd like to print nice labels for some cds of the remastered Beatles monos for the car. I bought nice Taiyo Yuden printable CDRs for this purpose, but it seems every printer I've seen that will do this is uber expensive. I'm even having trouble searching for such a beast (type "printer" and "cd" in a search field, and it finds printers with software on cd).

Any suggestions?

I can print on CD's, my printer did not come with that option for the models sold in the USA (although it does in Europe) I found out how to buy the CD tray online and the steps needed to modify it and reset it to the European version. It was pretty easy to do with the instructions I just had to snap off a cover that was put on the slot the CD tray goes into and reset the printer with a long series of button pushes to make firmware changes and download the European software version.

I think that they don't include CD printing in the USA version because of licensing costs or other legal issues. Anyway it is just like mine came that way from the factory now.

Here is a link to CD trays for doing this that are sold on ebay for various models of Canon printers.

http://stores.ebay.com/CdTrayStore?rvr_id=

I have a Canon MP600 all in one printer/ scanner/ copier but there are many models of Canon printers they sell trays for.

Go to Office Max and purchase a pack of 2 x 4 white adheasive labels then open up Word on your computer and print the titles then stick the labels on new cases, not the CDR's. If your careless and get the discs mixed up that's tough. Otherwise spring for the inkjet printer.

JJK

I can print on CD's, my printer did not come with that option for the models sold in the USA (although it does in Europe) I found out how to buy the CD tray online and the steps needed to modify it and reset it to the European version. It was pretty easy to do with the instructions I just had to snap off a cover that was put on the slot the CD tray goes into and reset the printer with a long series of button pushes to make firmware changes and download the European software version.

I think that they don't include CD printing in the USA version because of licensing costs or other legal issues. Anyway it is just like mine came that way from the factory now.

Here is a link to CD trays for doing this that are sold on ebay for various models of Canon printers.

http://stores.ebay.com/CdTrayStore?rvr_id=

I have a Canon MP600 all in one printer/ scanner/ copier but there are many models of Canon printers they sell trays for.

Hey, thanks for that link! My daughter has one of the printers that can be adapted for cd printing.

Hey, thanks for that link! My daughter has one of the printers that can be adapted for cd printing.

No problem, it worked great for me. There is a free software download from Canon called "CD-LabelPrint" for creating designs and printing onto the CD/DVD's and creating paper inserts for the jewel boxes and other DVD type boxes it works great and does a very professional job.