Klipsch customer support ?

dsommerl

If Klipsch does not support their dealers, and everyone buys off the internet, how will people hear Klipsch speakers? Through RealPlayer? Or are you one of those people that likes to go to a store to waste the time of people that make their living off of selling? Do you really think Klipsch does not warranty speakers purchased from unauthorized dealers just to save a few bucks? Klipsch should not change their policy. If you are a cheap bastard then live without the support and take your chances and stop whining. Authorized dealers are authorized dealers for a reason.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crash827,

I never paid full retail and never ever will,I get great discounts from the High-End audio stores from where I got my audio rigs.Who said full retail or even close to it?

You must be taking illegal substances for flour.Wake up dont you read anything?Hello anybody there?

One more time...I never will pay full retail or even close to it.And I still get great deals from local audio stores.Often close to the online distributors(dont call them stores,they are distributors,no wonder they can sell lower).

Plus if someting goes wrong I get my product replaced on the spot or fixed fast.The online suckage will get you NOTHING,and when you order from another country pray your goods wont fail or you are going to waste time and money to get it replaced(good luck you will need it).

While a online customer waits for his online place to replace his product(s) and whines like a hoe,I have my unit replaced and can borrow another one. HA how about it.Its too funny to read all the peeps who whine online about long waiting times,its just too funny.Good for them

TheEAR(s) Now theears

ROTFL...History challenged, Cheap bastard, and on drugs. BWAHAHA.

Is everyone a retailer here?

Pardon me, any local University can teach marketing and distribution methods and the pros and cons of each. There is no need for me to drag anyone into the 21st Century when they are so reluctant.

Having never used a warranty - my Klipsch speakers have never had a problem, and electronics are, for the most part, disposable - it does not affect my choices.

Some of you apparently enjoy the decorum found in your 'bricks and mortar' asylum and are willing to pay for the privilege - enjoy it. Hell, maybe I will open an electronics boutique...

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200

Powered by - YAM995

This message has been edited by crash827 on 03-17-2002 at 10:41 PM

I have no problem with people buying Klipsch online. I wouldn't pay full pop either. YOu can get discounts at a lot of retailers. But why should Klipsch, or Denon, or Yamaha warranty what you buy from unauthorized dealers? If you want to save money buying online, there are inherent risks. Everyone can buy what they want, where they want. But you know the policies and you make your decisions. It's the people that whine that Klipsch or denon suck because they don't warranty these items that don't get it.

And you all thought speaker wire was the most controversial topic someone could bring up here?? Anyway, sorry it took me so long for my response but I do want to clarify something. Just like it states in our "Unauthorized Dealers" statement below we can, in a few (emphasis here)cases, reinstate a Klipsch warranty that doesn't exist due to where the product is purchased. But it is much the exception rather than the rule (which was incorrectly stated earlier in this thread). I won't get preachy again because you have all heard my authorized dealer vs. unauthorized website speech. We will take care of a Klipsch customer when we can, or do our best to help them out in a bad situation. But there is no blanket fix-it method for taking chances with someone who may not be there tomorrow (or is there but just hangs up on you). The old saying "buyer be aware" has never been more applicable than it is today.

PhilH

sorry phil think that was me that may have implied that was the rule. i've only bought my klipsch from the local friendly klipsch auth dealer. oh yea & ubid for the rear center C7.

but speakin of ubid & internet sales, has the original policy now been modified? if i remember it stated that

auth klipsch dealers could only make net sales locally (as in delivered w/ their own truck).

that is now obviously not the case as we have auth dealers selling on the net all over. i know of one that's a local shop that sells by net all over the US. not that there's anything wrong w/ that. Wink.gif

or maybe the policy allows that if it's done just by phone. but what's the dif between that & using the net if it's the territories you're trying to protect? sorry i know these are probably pain in the a____ ?s for marketing.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 03-18-2002 at 07:13 PM

I apologize for not clarifying my earlier post. I guess what I was trying to say was: if Klipsch is 100% committed to stopping unauthorized sales transactions there is a lot more that can be done (i.e. B & W). That said; maybe, and I say this lightly, Klipsch can enjoy a mixture of sales. Right now thousands of units are being sold on the so called "grey market" as unauthorized transactions, but Klipsch is telling us and the local dealer that these are unauthorized transactions therefore there is now warrantee. This is all true, but Klipsch is still reaping the benifit of selling these items. When was the last time anyone saw a refurbished B&W speaker on the internet? Or even a "grey market" B&W offering? I use B&W as that was the example given to me from our local HiFi dealer. My point to this matter, is that Klipsch needs to either push this "no grey market sales" issue to the max or they need to allow internet transactions. Either suits me just fine. If "grey market" sales are eliminated that will eventually create demand for Klipsch products from local retailers and also create competition between them, (I am all for that). If internet prevails, (probably not) then at least we can get a bare bones price. This is why I suggested the rebate program or for that matter anything that might work. I don't get paid the big bucks to be the marketing guru.

Klipsch please give the market place some assertive direction!!

Pretty please!!

JT

ps: Phil we all know that homemade braided cat 5 cable is the best. Just kidding.

------------------

Enjoy and Happy Listening!

Klipsch and the Klipsch admin guys around here ( PhilH,BobG etc )

Have always helped me out in warranty areas and for

the most part usually try to do what they can to keep

us Klipscheads happy! Thanks Guys..

Time for me to reinstate my warranties this week.

On three products of mine that were bought from unauthorized

dealers but are 100% legit brand new products.

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

PhilH, try biwiring with AudioQuest Slate to the hi's and that 'ol cheap Munster to the lows. AA ships in plain brown boxes.

Keith

PS> I'm laughing as I reread and see the MC logo flashing at the TOP.

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 03-20-2002 at 04:38 AM