Garage conversion to cabinet shop for Jamboree build

Pete H

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bill. I'm only running a 100 amp panel to the shop with 20 slots, which will give me more than enough to run all of the tools and a large compressor. I'll actually have a lot of room for expansion as there will be 5 different circuits for outlets (which is extreme overkill) and 1 for lighting, one for a lift station pump and a couple of double breakers for the compressor and a welder which will leave me 9 open slots for expansion when the building gets two extensions in the future.

Hey,

Where are My Update Pictures Mister ?.............You slacking off again with Mr. Bottle ?

No slacking going on Bill. Just trying to keep my business going 6 and 7 days a week. I've only been taking off 1 weekend a month and it just makes this drag out. I'll probably put a few hours in tonight after work and get something done.

• 2 weeks later...

One more casualty in the project had to be replaced. Wasn't really planning on getting a new compressor until I was done, but I had to do it. Wasn't quite ready for the large shop model that will come soon, so this better do the job and last longer than the last one.

post-34280-13819540457214_thumb.jpg

post-34280-13819567637058_thumb.jpg

post-34280-13819568897206_thumb.jpg

Update on best Baltic Birch plywood. I asked my local (1 mile from the house) to check on getting 5x5 13 ply Baltic Birch, and they are getting it for me for 46.00 per sheet which is a wonderful price, delivered to my door. FYI for anyone looking in their market.

It's coming along, slow but sure. I spent most of the weekend working on one of the benches and shelving units so I can get everything moved out of the way to fill up the walls with insulation and install the ceiling. Hopefully I will get to laminate the tops tonight. I also final wired in a few switches and 12 more outlets, so I got something done, but never as much as I planned between the trips to the lumber yard and Lowe's and it was the Daytona 500, so no work on Sunday after 1:00.

5x5 13 ply Baltic Birch, and they are getting it for me for 46.00 per sheet which is a wonderful price

What's the grade?

I was quoted $37.50 for 3/4", 5' x 5' B/BB grade

Greg

I need to re negociate my deal. That's the lowest price by far I've ever seen. Local yard?

What grade was your quote for? I'm wondering if there is a higher grade than the B/BB. This seems to be the highest grade sold by the supplier I'm talking to.

http://www.atlanticplywood.com/locations.html

Greg

The grade is the same. I can't get near that price in my area. I'm as low as I can find at the moment. Might have to do with where this material comes into port and additional transportation as you move west?????

Here's the first 8 sheets stacked in the shop.

post-34280-13819540704498_thumb.jpg

post-34280-13819567926842_thumb.jpg

post-34280-13819569119796_thumb.jpg