Garage conversion to cabinet shop for Jamboree build

Pete H

Prior to building my Jamboree's I'm having to convert a building into a cabinet shop. There may be some information that could be useful for others on the forum, so I'm going to start this and post some pics from start to finish. In the beginning..................

post-34280-13819526560222_thumb.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting on the walls. During this part, the old wiring is being removed and new circuit's are being run. This is a pole building, so the walls are being strapped with 2x4's on the inside of the poles horizontally, with a 2x8 bottom plate to make sure that no moisture will be able to wick up into the walls from the floor. 3/4" insulation board will be installed on the outer part of the wall and 7/16 O.S.B. will be installed on the inside with a 6 mil vapor barrier installed on the warm side of the wall and then the walls will be filled with blown in insulation ( ave. of 6" in the walls, plus the board insulation). I will be doing some comparatives with Radiant Barriers on some of the walls to measure the effectiveness of that without the blown insulation.

post-34280-13819526565442_thumb.jpg

Am I the only person that saw that stack of 2x4s and thought "where the h-e-double-hockysticks is he going to use THOSE in a Jubilee?!?!?" Big Smile

It's obvious that you don't build. Of course I'm not going to use the 2x4's for the Jub's, that's what the 2x8 treated is for. LOL

I am assuming that You Are doing all the Interior Framing and Construction ? Nice work, great Pictures.

Your are correct. I've been wanting to get this done for a while, and when I decided that I wanted to build a set of Jamboree's, and my kitchen cabinets, it forced the issue. This is also serving as a test building for various methods of insulation that I've used over the years, along with some additional materials and techniques, that I want to measure the performance for myself, and try and incorporate the best of them in my complete remodel of my home.