The Blind Side

kelA

I went out over the weekend and finally saw this movie. It was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. For those that may not know, it is the story of Baltimore Ravens lineman, Michael Oher. Very moving story. It doesnt offer much as far as ear candy, but its not meant to. It makes a person think if the adopting family had other motives besides just helping out a kid. It opens up speculation of boosters recruiting struggling inner-city kids.

I thought it was very well done. A must see IMO.[Y]

i finally saw it on New Year's Eve. I liked it as well. I just learned from one of the people that trace your roots, that one of my great-grandfathers was the seventh Chancellor of Ole Miss. So, i was glad that Michael Oher choose Ole Miss. Now, if he'd just go to my beloved Oakland Raiders.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to seeing this.

Stew, you must be a mis-placed southern boy.Big Smile

i think so, although i've never been to the south. spent six weeks in yorktown, VA don't know if that is considered part of the south or not.

yeah, i'm an interesting mix--I guess I'm a southern fried Portugee. My Mom was full-blooded Portuguese and my Dad was Scottish but born in Tennessee. I am honoring my southern heritage by living in SOUTHERN California.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw it last weekend, I gotta say, I thought it was formulaic and bland. Maybe it was all the hype. If I'm gonna watch a "Great White Savior" film, I'll stick with Dances with Wolves. Not to offend, but I also put Avatar in the same category, though the special effects made Avatar more enjoyable.

handrewmoore, I have to agree with you this far...formulaic, bland, and predicible. However, I like the idea that people would put themselves out that far to help a homeless person. I've done that a few times (not to brag, but for fact) and its not easy by any stretch. Sandra was good but not an oscar winner in my mind. Nic