Bought a used pair Heresy I's

Rivernuggets

Very nice score for the price I found a near mint '76 pair for $300 canadian that have had the B Crites recap done to the crossovers .... love them.... I did put grills on the front though with velcro sticky tape

Jim

clermontcop, nice looking Heresys! I was wondering how your glue problem was coming along. Post pics when they are "reborn into a beauty" [:D]

Ocnorb, did you make grilles of your own design or use a Heresy grille as a template? I haven't made grilles before or recovered existing, but the challenge is intriguing. Don't know if I'm going to change the crossover yet - want to listen more. I guess being 32 years old I should consider it.

Why veneer is it cause the wood is so damaged you have to fill then it looks ugly. So you just go over it with veneer, how bad is bad berfore you decide to veneer.

duder

just asking casue I made the mistake to have my Heresies shipped and I recieved them with some dented/smashed corners.

Why veneer is it cause the wood is so damaged you have to fill then it looks ugly. So you just go over it with veneer, how bad is bad berfore you decide to veneer.

Yes, when repairs aren't good enough, in comes the veneer. When to veneer is up to you. You can always try whatever kind of repair knowing it can be hidden under new veneer. How bad is bad? Depends on where the speaker is going to be and how good you want it to look in that location. In some situations dings and scrapes are ok, like a garage pair.

I want these Heresys I just bought to look sweet. There are quarter-sized chips on each speaker in a couple places (on the sides, near bottom), too ugly for me and I think a repair of mine will be noticed. Also the idea of veneering and making these look like new again really tickles the brain. So far it's been real fun looking through different kinds of veneer. BTW, thanks for the veneer seller suggestions all.

Ocnorb, post some pics of yours please.

I bought some original (so it was advertised) heresy grills, but hey, maybe the person made them.

They were relatively cheap and better than I could have done myself.

I cant find the pictures of the Heresys when I first bought them ???????????

This is the only pic I have of them recently with the grills on them with velcro tape

post-39534-1381952682334_thumb.jpg