RF-63 Speakers

cjmustang69

Purchased a new pair of RF-63 speakers this evening - cherry finish. I've been wanting to try the Reference Series speakers - as I have a pair of Cornwalls made in 1980 which I enjoy very much. I'm going to start out driving the Rf-63's with a B&K EX442 Sonata Amp through a B&K Reference 50 processor. Source will be a Denon 3910 universal player. Later on, I have a Forte amp and preamp system which I will try - currently using with my cornwalls. I'll post my thoughts on the RF-63s after I've had time to break them in. First impression is they look great and sound the same.

Welcome Cjmustang69 to the forum.

B&K and Reference Klipsch are a great match. I have the B&K Ref. 4430 driving my cherry RF-63/64 combo. In my opinion, a musical marriage. Full bass and warm mids with great seperation for music. The 63's do sound different than the Heritage line but sweet sounding all the same. There is something cool about (10) 6.5 inch drivers pushing dB's in your face. That Denon 3910 is a great player also.

Take care,

Bill

Welcome Cj, glad to have you here. BRAND NEW RF-63's! Good for you, I am not too familiar with the Reference line, so I went and snagged this picture and all I can say is WOW! I bet they sound great! Congratulations and keep us posted!

Dennie

reference-rf-63.jpg

Thank you for the warm welcome Bill and Dennie. I must confess I've visited the Klipsch forums many times over the past year - and learned alot. I bought my first pair of Klipsch speakers just less than a year ago - a pair of Forte IIs. Needless to say I was very impressed with these - but sold them to step up to a pair of Cornwalls. I actually bought 2 pair of Cornwalls as I fell in love with them. I decided, just before Christmas, to sell a pair of the Cornwalls with intent to try the Reference line. I will never sell the Cornwalls I have now. Whenever I listen to them, I'm amazed at their performance - and they are 30 years old!!! So I was able to find the RF-63s in Cherry - to me, they look beautiful as shown in the photo above. I'll keep you posted on how they perform.

So far, I really like the RF-63's. Been listening strictly to 2 channel music. Based on reading other threads - I wasn't sure what to expect as far as bass performance. I feel the bass is quite good - not lacking at all for music. I attempted to attach a quick picture I took last night - hope it shows ok.

post-35568-13819538760106_thumb.jpg

post-35568-13819554119784_thumb.jpg

post-35568-138195669866_thumb.jpg

Lookin' Good Cj! Thanks for posting the picture!

Are you lovin' them or what?

And like Dtel said, what matters most is what you think, not what anyone else thinks.

Those speakers are much bigger than I thought they were. I bet they sound great!

Dennie