Do you have a plasma, and how old is it?

iTide

We bought our 50" Panasonic plasma in November of 2007 and use it for many hours of regular TV watching every day in our living room. It's as awesome as the day we brought it home and we never have to mess with it. We got an excellent deal on it at Sears of all places and we've never been sorry for buying it. We reall y like the built-in SD card reader for our digital camera photos. The Samsung 50" did have slightly better blacks, but for $600 more, we didn't feel it was worth the extra expense to us as we have a DLP front projector with a 78" screen in our home theater. Primarliy, the overall flatscreen TV industry has a customer return rate of 3% which is excellent. Panasonic's customer return rate is 2%. You do the math. - Glenn

• Moderators

Primarliy, the overall flatscreen TV industry has a customer return rate of 3% which is excellent. Panasonic's customer return rate is 2%. You do the math. - Glenn

With your given, the math is: me + plasma = very unlucky.

[:)]

We've had our 50" Panasonic Plasma since August '08. No changes noticed in it (50PZ800U) since then, and it gets a lot (read: too much) use.

When people come over they generally say "Wow" and then things like "why would you ever go to a movie theater?" -referring to both audio and video quality, and that last quotation came from a friend with a different brand of HDTV.

I purchased my Pioneer 42'' in January of 2007, it had phenominal picture then just as it does now. I will note that it's the 4270HD which is the series just before the KURO line, I enjoy gaming as much as I do HT and I have played countless Xbox/PS3 games on it using the most demanding contrast setting the TV has, and never once have I had a burn in issue. It's a shame Pioneer stopped making the best tv's money can buy, but when an average joe can buy an lcd and even now a plasma thats bigger that still performs very well and yet pay half as much, their sales obviously couldn't compete. I've seen alot of nice Panasonics and Samsungs lately and the new LED's look nice too.