Karaoke question

ken2451

Welcome to the forum, Ken! It's great to have you here.

Are Klipsch good for Karaoke? I suppose it depends on how good the singer is. LOL But, seriously, it would depend on what model you are speaking of. Do you already own some Klipsch that you are considering for Karaoke? There are many models that would be well-suited for this application such as the LaScala. But, I'd like to hear what you have in mind? -Glenn

Thanks, Glenn.

I don't own any Klpisch right now; however, I am looking to buy a used RF-3 or KG4.2 to go with my Yamaha Karaoke Power Mixer 100W/channel. Do you think which one go well with my Karaoke? ( I can't afford La Scala).

Thanks again,

Ken

I recommend A-N-Y Klipsch speaker that you can afford.

Open the speaker cabinet. Remove/disconnect A-L-L of the drivers. Reseal the cabinet.

Connect empty speaker cabinets to the Karaoke machine.

The result = no sound coming from the speakers. [:D]

Sorry...couldn't resist a bit of levity...not a fan of Karaoke. [:$]

Heresey, Cornwalls, and La Scala's all do very well.

For just vocals. the heresey is a fantastic speaker.

For overall music.. Stay with the Cornwall or La Scala.

Best all around, do it all one speaker for Klipsch Karaoke...?? Hands down, the Cornwall.

I used to use a set up of the music in the Cornwalls and Just vocals through the Heresey's on top of the Cornwalls.

It was/is breathtaking, trust me..

Last but not least, stay with the better recorded Karaoke Discs too. You will appreciate it later, if your song is a copy of.. or VERY close to the original.

I hate poorly done background discs.

Some people recommended me to have dj speakers because regular hifi
speakers are very easy to blow. But I don't believe hifi speakers are easy to blow for home karaoke, unless trying them for out door. I think I will choose
Klipsch speakers for my home karaoke and I am looking to forward buy a used one right now on craigslist.

All my karaoke dics are ripped under .mkv format and I stored them in an external usb hard drive, then save the original disc.

I would especially follow what IndyKlipschFan recommends: He is my Karaoke guru and has in his home, one of the best Karaoke setups I have ever heard in a home or commercial environment! Hersey is probably your best bet as far as size and cost. Try to find a Heresy III of you can as it has a lot of improvements over the first two models in my opinion. I own a pair of Heresy III's that I run as a stereo pair in my 24' x 28' garage with a vintage tube amp for listening to CDs and they sound awesome! -Glenn