Rf-7s with rf-3s

Henry Jimenez

Well I'm new at this and I needed some on upgrading my HT I recently have rf-7s as fronts, rf-7s as surround, rc-7as center and two rw-10 subwoofers

I have a 5.1 setup but want to upgrade to a 7.1 I have I chance in getting a pair of rf-3s for $300 and I was wondering if they would work just

fine with my rf-7s as surround.... I was thinking in putting them beside my couch... Would they work good or would I just throw my surround off??? Hope to get some help with this...

Yes there in good shape.... But would they throw off my surround sound cause the 7s are going
to be louder than those 3s, the reason I ask these is because some guy told me that my surrounds had to be
all the same, is this true?

No your surrounds do not need to be all the same, many people use different side and rear surrounds. I know I have seen members here on the forum who have used RF-7 fronts with RF-3 surrounds but I have not heard of anyone mixing RF-7 and RF-3 surrounds before.

As for volume you should be able to match the volume of your speakers in your settings adjustments of your receiver, matching timbre is more of a concern.

Well thank you guys for the help, I think I'm gonna go for it...

Great to hear, those RF-3 for $300 is really good and if they are local even a sweeter deal. Plus as stated you can adjust the rears with your receiver and they should sound great.

Now my next question if I sell my 2 rw-10s just to get 1 klipsch sub of course, what sub should I get???

Maybe take a peek in the "Subwoofer" section for ideals. Must there would say a different brand then Klipsch for the amount of money. Look at brands such as Elemental Designs, Epik Subwoofer and AV123. Now I know that Epik is changing up their design and all of the subs are out of stock and don't know when they will be back in. AV123 has some good sub for the price as does Elemental Designs. Search the forum for ED subs and you will see that the people that do have them really like them and for the price they can't be beat.

Also, Welcome to the forum....... [Y]

James