Just bought rf-82 and rc-52

BluBitRates

Well i found a pair of rf-82s with a rc-52 on craigslist for a good deal. Checked them out and they were in absolutely mint shape so i went ahead and picked them up. I can already tell the rc-52 is a little underpowered compared to the rf-82s. Anyways is there any stands that will angle the rc-52 to project sound at an upward angle? It is on a lower shelf on a tv stand. There is a screw that came in this bag of things the guy gave me and i think he said you can use it to angle the center up but i do not see how that works.

There are two holes in on the bottom of your RC-52. If you put the screw (I'm assuming it's the rubber tipped long screw) in the front hole (closest to the grill) it will angle the speaker upwards. The more you screw it in the less the angle becomes. Angle the speaker to your listening area.

I had to do this with my RC-35 before I mounted my tv. Good luck!! The 82's are beasts!! I have them and LOVE them!

Jrod

I would love those rs-52s but i really dont have the cash for them right now. The only money i have left i would like to buy a new receiver when i find the right one. I really want to upgrade to the rc-62 but do not know if it is worth the small amount of money i have left for HT. Also what do you guys think would have been a good deal for the 3 klipsch speakers i have here?

I was going to say the exact same thing... If YOU think it's even close to a good deal, then it is! Just sit back and enjoy your stuff!

As for the RC-62... I would enjoy what you have now and save up for an RC-64 (sick center) down the road. IMHO, I don't think the 52 to 62 move would be a substantial enough move to warrant the $$$.

Jrod

I believe the pic is now posted. What do you guys think

By the way i am still totally stumped on how to raise my rc-52 on a tilt to aim upwards. On the bottom there are no holes i can see to screw into, there are 6 little rubber legs and the bolt i have is longer but does have a ruber tip and has a nut on it

Looks really nice Blu!

About the center... That is really strange about the no holes, hmmm oh well. Anyway, there was another thread about tilting a center in the HT section. Someone suggested rubber door-stops. That sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Also, i am interested in getting a new receiver and can pretty much work it into my budget right now. I have a onkyo dr-c500 receiver from like 2003, it works great and sounds good, it is like 100wpc. Anyways will i notice a difference on blu-ray sound if i am to upgrade to a newer receiver? I am looking at getting something one step up from the lowest models, so something with preouts hopefully and a little more power, pioneer 1019?

As for the RC-62... I would enjoy what you have now and save up for an RC-64 (sick center) down the road. IMHO, I don't think the 52 to 62 move would be a substantial enough move to warrant the $$$.

Jrod

I would disagree here. The RC-52 is not a sonic match for the RF-82. The RF-62 is. The center channel is the most important part of a home theater. I would sell the RC-52 and replace it with the RC-62.