Heresy Tweeter Not Working

willland

I just bought a pair of Heresy Birch Raw. When I hooked them up I notice no sound from the tweeter on one of them. I am not very technical at all. Any forum members in Central Florida could look at these and help me get them going again would be great.

Thanks,

Bill

post-26822-1381953981658_thumb.jpg

post-26822-13819566824808_thumb.jpg

post-26822-13819568227994_thumb.jpg

Hi willland. This is what I'd check first (out of the very short list in my head!). Remove the 8 screws from the back panel. Take the back panel off and let it rest against the cabinet side. It's tethered to the crossover but there should be enough wire to move it away. Check the wires from your tweeter to the crossover for any wires not connected.

The crossover may have a wire that has fallen away from its screw. The crossover is labelled clearly and it's easy to follow the connections. Hope this helps.

Once this stubborn tweeter is put back in line, let us know how your first Heresys sound to you.

post-34666-13819539925384_thumb.jpg

post-34666-13819566966952_thumb.jpg

post-34666-13819568370702_thumb.jpg

Check the wires from your tweeter to the crossover for any wires not connected.

Thanks Lyle,

I have already checked for loose wires and came up with nothing. I going to take them down to Groomlakearea51's on the 20th and he is going to open it back up and run tests. Thanks for the photo and instructions.

Bill

Sorry to tell you what you already know. I took your statement "I am not very technical at all." to the Nth degree! Embarrassed

Hope it's a simple fix.

No problem Lyle. I typed the original post and then decided what can it hurt to look inside. You just suggested what I should have already done before I posted. Marshall is going to recap them while I am down there.

Thanks,

Bill

Marshall is going to recap them while I am down there.

Marshall is da man! [Y]

Those look to be in great shape. You should be able to enjoy them as they are meant to be if you go pay a visit to Marshall.

Bruce