Forte II close to the wall?

MikeSt

I'm considering getting a beautiful pair of Forte II's, but in my little apartment I'll have to put them about 4" from the wall. Will this cause them to sound too 'bass boomy'? I usually turn the bass almost all the way down on my amp because I live in an apartment, which is fine I'm not a bass freak. If being close to wall causes them to not sound their best I probably won't get them.

Also, I'm upgrading from Heresy I's, will Forte II's be a big improvement? I like the Heresy', I'm just looking for more 'liveness' and a fuller sound from the larger horn I usually listen at low volume levels, which the Heresy sound pretty good at and am hoping the Forte II will be even better.

If they're at a good price I'd get them even if you aren't able to have them 'perfectly' set up at the moment. I have my Fortes about 12" from the wall behind them and they absolutely pound out the bass.

Forte IIs will have significantly more bass output than a Heresy and also the tractrix midrange horn lends itself to a more detailed midrange, in my opinion.