Chorus I vs. Chorus II

jhawk92

Ok all you classic Klipsch owners, time to toot your horns! I am interested in the differences between the Chorus I and II. I know the I is ported in front, vice the 15" passive rear woofer on the II. But, does one go "lower" than the other, or any other sonic differences?

I am looking to match up with Forte IIs and Academy center, for an incredible HT/music system. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Rob

jhawk,

I have not heard the Chorus II's, but the Klipsch specs say they go lower than my Chorus I's. I believe it is 45 Hz to 39 Hz in favor of the II's. I'm not sure if you'll miss 5-6Hz, but you may. The other glaring differences are the I's exponential horns vs. the II's tractix, the I's ported enclosure, the II's have PRs...etc.

The Chorus I's sound great to my ears and from what I have learned the II's sound very similar.

I have the Chorus/ForteII/Academy setup you are looking for and I love it dearly. 5-Channel stereo is sheer bliss, with the Forte's adding to the overall enjoyment.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. You are in for a treat Smile.gif

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Klipsch Forte II surrounds

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Playstation 2 for games/DVD

Guys-

Mike basically discussed the difference in frequency response; II's extend down a little further (39 hz) than the I's (45 hz), and squawker horn. He might be able to elaborate a bit more. I'm just kicking around the thought of getting a pair of IIs and using them as my mains and move my Forte IIs to surrounds. Should be a sweet set-up. I just need to audition the Chorus IIs again, as it has been about 8 years since I have heard them.