Cornwall I Grill Removal

twins0649

you can buy new black cloth from BEC ( bob crites ) here on the forum. same cloth klipsch uses. you can cut and glue it on yourself.

as far as replacing the grills thats another matter. ebay sometimes sells them. need more information on what you have or need

removal and replace are 2 different things.

Assuming that they are removable.... and you follow Budman's advice regarding cloth, here's a "how to do it", including how to make new grill boards if the old ones are no longer serviceable. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/110684.aspx

If your pair are not retained by velcro, put are stapled to the motorboard, they can be removed if done very carefully. Find the staples and individually pull them enough to cut the with dyke/cutters to remove the grill. Then use pliers and remove the staple ends in the motor boards. I would recommend that when you replace the grills, you replace them with velcro as described in the thread above.

Hope that is of some assistance.

Assuming that they are removable.... and you follow Budman's advice regarding cloth, here's a "how to do it", including how to make new grill boards if the old ones are no longer serviceable. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/110684.aspx

If your pair are not retained by velcro, put are stapled to the motorboard, they can be removed if done very carefully. Find the staples and individually pull them enough to cut the with Dyke/cutters to remove the grill. Then use pliers and remove the staple ends in the motor boards. I would recommend that when you replace the grills, you replace them with velcro as described in the thread above.

Hope that is of some assistance.

Hey Groom...

See you got around to putting a picture of yourself on your avatar!

Are you up to making another pair of grills for me? I am thinking of going with cane this time??

Herb

Thanks for your information. I opened up the back of one of the Cornwalls. The motorboard is screwed and caulked to the speaker box. I presume it would be wise to remove all the speakers and crossover before trying to remove the motorboard, correct? Is the grill cloth attached to a piece of masonite? Does the motorboard hod the grill cloth in place?? I wanted to get a better idea before I tear into this.

Thank you,

twins0649

Well this is what I would do

cut a new 2 masonite boards the exact size of the old

take the drivers out of one Cornwall

place both new boards on the motorboard temperarly screw them down snug

buy a cut off bit for a router like they use for trimming plastic laminate BUT a 3 blade one (gives a finer cut )

router out the new holes

procede with instruction on the link on gluing the fabric to the newly cutout masonite & u can do both boards @ the same time if u buy a cut off bit that does a 3/4" deep cut they have a little wheel on the bottom that runs along inside of the Cornwalls driver holes , port holes & cut the masonite

run a test before on scrap boards & get used to using the router & bit

it actually Very easy

Mike