Heresy Center channel?

vnzbd

Has any one tried a Heresy Center with Chorus II or Forte II Mains? I currently have an Academy but am thinking of a 3-way center, verticle in orientation, and small enough to fit under my tv table. I have thought about a f II between the C II's but it is too tall and if I were to place it horizontal I would want to rebuild the motor board for the horns to still aligin horizontally. Thanks for the input.

I also use a Academy for a center between Chorus I's. I must say that I have tried one of my Heresy II's and Much prefer it, though the WAF factor prohibits the continuation of it's use. I must agree the Heresy diminsions just don't work well for center channel location, for most applications.

I don't believe you would be happy with a Forte II in the center either. The Chorus's are a very forward speaker, similar to a Lascalla and a little less bassy than a Cornwall. The Forte line is more adapt to fit the Academy itself as they are slightly less efficient and "Laid" Back.

I have always wanted to find a beater Chorus to use laying on it's side under the television to use as a center channel. The timbre would be perfect, though some may be able to notice a variance due to the re-orientation of the mid horn.

Good Luck and keep me posted of your trials.

Chorus II and Forte II use exactly the same K-61-K midrange. It would be a better match than a Heresy.

A Forte II on its side will work fine without having to re-position the horns. The horn in the Academy is taller than it is wide, just like the horns in a sideways Forte II would be. The tractrix midrange horn will give a much wider dispersion of sound than the narrower exponential horn of a Forte I.

A Quartet would be an excellent center also.

Chorus II and Forte II use exactly the same K-61-K midrange. It would be a better match than a Heresy.

A Forte II on its side will work fine without having to re-position the horns. The horn in the Academy is taller than it is wide, just like the horns in a sideways Forte II would be. The tractrix midrange horn will give a much wider dispersion of sound than the narrower exponential horn of a Forte I.

A Quartet would be an excellent center also.

Maybe I cannot speak for the Chorus Forte II line, I only have Chorus and Forte I's. I must say that the Forte is a less efficient, laid back style sound and you can definately tell the difference timbre wise and efficiency wise, just like I can tell the difference between my Academy/Chorus, whereas the Heresy II/ Chorus appears to be seamless in timbre and efficiency.

I did notice that the CII, FII and the Quartet all use the same mid. The Heresy II uses the same tweeter as the Quartet. I would consider a Quartet but they seem rare to come buy at a premium price and the available parts for them also seems slim. Also it is just a little too tall for under my TV stand. I have used the Academy in a verticle position and seem to like it better than horizotal. This was also true of a KLF-c7.

• 2 weeks later...

I use double Heresy's as my center channel with Chorus I's for mains and Chorus II's as my rears. I just recently went to this set after haveing RF-82 front and rears with an RC-62 center, never will I stray from three ways again. Running a Carver 806x 130w per channel and it sounds awsome, movies or music. I say go for the heresy center.