Help me spend some $$$$$!

stxman

Youthman were on the same page! Hotel California is the very first song I listen to any time I get new gear. I will pick up "This Is It" on blueray tomorrow and will let you know what I think. Thanks man, now I'm not going to sleep very well as I'll be patiently waiting for morning to come lol!

Thanks for all the advice .I also suscribe to the thinking that bigger is better. Thats what I liked about the RF 83 system. My space is limited thats why I am staying away (for now) from the heritage line. Shipping will definately be an issue for me being that I will have to have it shipped to Miami and then forwarded to me here in St Croix.

Hey Daryl is that 7002 really gone?

I am leaning towards the Marantz SR 6004 as the reciever, any thoughts on this ?

Heresy III's are not big at all. In fact, an RF-83 will take up more room and is twice heavier then a Heresy III. The midrange on the Heresy III is probably more pronounce than the RF-83. Though the RF-83 goes lower then the Heresy III, we use a sub for LFE anyway so that is a non-issue.

My space is limited thats why I am staying away (for now) from the heritage line.

stxman, I did A LOT of research (as I always do before making a big purchase) when shopping receivers, I looked at the 6004. I couldn't find it in my price range, but I wanted it badly. It had everything I was looking for, but I found my Integra (got a good deal) for a good price. From what I've heard (read) Marantz sounds really good with Klipsch. Let us know what you end up with!!

Target was anywhere from $2500-3500 . Since I'm considering theRf 83's I know I may have to go up in $$. I may have to do it in stages being that I would have to pick up a reciever also. What reciever would you guys recmmend for the 83's? I like Marantz sr 6004,7002 o sr8002 . What would yousay is best? If there are any better reciever let me know..

stxman, welcome to the forum. The 83's will serve you well. Buy the best center speaker you can afford. (lots of information is sent to that channel)

While doing your research I suggest you search this forum for "separates".

• Moderators

The benefit of using separates is that a receiver is expected to the do the audio and video processing, video switching, and amplification all using a single power supply. This is a lot to ask of a unit. With separates, the pre/pro can focus on just being a preamp and processor and having an external amp that has it's own dedicated power supply or sometimes even a separate power supply for each channel helps divide up the responsibility to the various components and thus resulting in a smoother sound, more separation and more clarity.

Funny thing is that I still have all, I haven't spent a dime yet. The more I learn the more confused I get. I guess that's a part ofthis journey. I am still undecided on what to get Marantz reciever or Emotiva UMC1/XPA 5 combo ... The speakers I am 90% sure about RF83's.... Still deciding till then my money stays in da pocket....