RC35 + ????? Fronts?

Emanon

I bought an RC35 very cheap and thought maybe this might provide an opportunity to switch back to Klipsch. I'm looking to purchase some RF35s as fronts, but I'm wondering what other models (both cheaper and more expensive) might also be a good companion to the RC35.

(The Klipsch lineup has become too diversified for me to keep up with since my LaScala days!)

Thanks for your input.

Well, in the best of all worlds, yes, I would look to purchase the RF-35's. However, I may have to look towards a less expensive substitute. Might the RF-25 or RF-52 be a good, albeit not perfect, match?

P.S. Thanks youthman for the info about your RBs, but I'm more inclined towards towers at this point in time.

RF-25's with a RC-35 was my last front soundstage before I found my current set-up. I really enjoyed the sound. I've found RF-35's a little hard to come by, and when I see them now they seem a little pricey. I've seen a couple pair on eBay, but for like $800, which to me is rediculous since you can find RF-82's much cheaper.

I think you'd be happy with the 25's. Did you specify room dimensions, did I miss that?

Also, I've got a couple pics in my profile of my RF25/RC35 combo if you'd like to see how the look together. I think they look really nice together because of the matching woofer size. I know, I know, it doesn't matter what they look like....It's just a nice bonus!![;)]

35's, these might come in under budget if you can work with him on the shipping (I'm not sure how comfortable I am with shipping though...)

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1273415676&/Klipsch-RF-35-black-in-mint-co

25's, waaaaaaay under budget. I actually bought my original RF-25's from this guy. Nice, smooth transaction. These are cherry, don't remember if that's a problem. Plus, this guy is in Cali so the shipping wouldn't be a harsh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-RF-25-Tower-speakers-Cherry-NEW_W0QQitemZ290342492839QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item4399c2daa7

I'll keep an eye out.

Axiom makes a solid speaker, IMHO. However, You're stepping into a different world when you come over to Klipsch. Just so very good with movies (and music, obviously). Good luck, whatever you decide!

And, you're welcome! Lot of solid people on this forum, they have helped me in similar ways!