VPI Scout and Blueberry

gartenman

I have used the Scoutmaster (know it is not a Scout, but close enough)with a BB w/Cream in a previous system. The table was a fine match, but had to get the cartridge nailed down to bring it to its best. After trying Grados and the Dynavector 17D I found the match made in Heaven so to speak. I settled on the Dynavector XX-2. Great cart., great match for SM and BB. A little pricey but worth it.

I liked the table with the BB so much that I am doing it again. Another SM and BBX w/Cream. This time I have gone with a Benz Micro Wood SL. I may be in for an even better match to the table according to the fellow I spoke with at VPI before purchasing the Benz. Also ran it by Mark first also and he said the same will probably go for the Cream.

I have used the Scoutmaster (know it is not a Scout, but close enough)with a BB w/Cream in a previous system. The table was a fine match, but had to get the cartridge nailed down to bring it to its best. After trying Grados and the Dynavector 17D I found the match made in Heaven so to speak. I settled on the Dynavector XX-2. Great cart., great match for SM and BB. A little pricey but worth it.

I liked the table with the BB so much that I am doing it again. Another SM and BBX w/Cream. This time I have gone with a Benz Micro Wood SL. I may be in for an even better match to the table according to the fellow I spoke with at VPI before purchasing the Benz. Also ran it by Mark first also and he said the same will probably go for the Cream.

Thanks for the input. I ordered the Clearaudio Maestro. I love the organic sound from wooden cartridges. I've heard great things about the Scout with the Dynavector 20X.

The Absolute Sound Top Picks 2009 (March 2009)

Clearaudio Performance

Clearaudio Statement

Clearaudio Maestro Wood

Benz-Micro Wood SL

Clearaudio Goldfinger v2

Clearaudio Nano

Phonomena II

Phonomena Nova

Aesthetix Rhea