VRD's

whatever55

Ditto to the checkbook-I heard a pair of these last week with a Juicy Blueberry and Cornwalls and I have already bought the guys Merlin and am shopping for some monoblocks-I can't afford the VRD's but this was the best system I have ever heard-turn back before it's too late!!!

I refuse to listen to the jubilees until I have the cash to buy them. Be afraid- be very afraid. You cash has no chance when faced with VRDs- or jubilees- so I have heard- 2nd hand.

I am listening to VRDS- Peach- Jolida- K horns as we speak- Mark knoffler- kill to get Crimson- AWESOME

Agree on the VRDs. I heard them once on a JM Blueberry/LaScalas and just about s#.. myself. I set my friend up with Peach/VRDs sight unseen for his Cornwalls and he's been thanking me pretty much ever since. In time I ended up with a pair also.

The Jubilees don't scare me. They just aren't realistic in my rooms - like using an atom bomb as a flyswatter. I wouldn't mind a listen on passive networks and some juicy tube gear though.

Now Greg's refinishes of Belles and KHorns with Fastrac (?) are the ones that scare me. Those ARE agreeable in my rooms (especially Belles) and I got a feeling that hearing them would make me want them. Those big midrange drivers make me drool[8-|] That's where the real energy is, although I do enjoy the K55 alnicos a great deal, especially for the price.....

I have similar problems with the big league JBL (especially vintage alnico stuff). They make me want....

Some froum members whose opinion I respect rave about Jubs- personaly I love the big horns and I have a feeling I will get sucked in when I hear them.

I have not heard Greggs horns but moneywise I would expect there are near jub money. They scare me as well. Ditto on opinions from trusted forum members agbout Greggs stuff.

I have a motherboard already made up containing a copy of Greggs 2" horns- JBL 4420 drivers ans ALK universals. Just gotta go get it and install it. I thas been tests in a set of K horns and the report is awesome. We will see.

The VRDs are pure poison if you are looking and are not ready to purchase. A forum bubby was wanting to play with tubes and I suggested the VRDS having never heard them myself-based on testimonials from others. I knew where a set was located and steered him in that direction- (hoping that I might be able to buy them from him later[6]) He bought them for a song. I was sick at my stomach when I heard them having not bought them my self. I cut corners on other hobbies and got another set a year later.