Bookcase for DVD and CD storage

liebherr954

He guys I'm in the process of buying a new TV stand I will also want to buy a new bookcase to store my DVD's and CD's.

I have checked out BB and some other box stores (including Ikea) and I have found nothing that I like, a lot of cheap MDF with plastic type ones. I would preffer solid wood or something similar.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Hay wuzzer thanks for your help &%%&,I thought it was a valid post.

The post was meant as a joke my man. You said

"If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be much
appreciated."

and I did. I usually put the winking smilie by each lmgtfy.com post I do but I forgot to on this one. I'm the last one to be a jerk to anyone online.

I was in the same situation a few years back and had my eyes on the Boltz storage units. Then after looking at the space that I had for the storage unit it would not work. I ended up just making a 6 tier DVD/CD storage out of wood that fit the space exactly. I can get 100 Cd's and a little less for DVD's per shelf and it is full. I stained the wood a cherry stain and it came out good and fits my needs.

Do you have the means to build something yourself?

James

I was in the same situation a few years back and had my eyes on the Boltz storage units. Then after looking at the space that I had for the storage unit it would not work. I ended up just making a 6 tier DVD/CD storage out of wood that fit the space exactly. I can get 100 Cd's and a little less for DVD's per shelf and it is full. I stained the wood a cherry stain and it came out good and fits my needs.

Do you have the means to build something yourself?

James

Hay James I think your right about maaking my own. I went to a nice (made on site) furniture store and saw a bookcase I really liked, solid Oak about 3x5 feet with nice crown mouldig, verey very nice. Then I saw the $500 price and I walked away[:'(]

Im on my way to the local lumber yard to see if I can reproduce it, dug out my old router and miter saw and made sure they both work. I think all I need to do is buy the matterial and some new bits and build it (ok won't be that easy) Might be an excuse to get back into woodworking.[:D]

Ill post some pics after its done.

Hay James I think your right about maaking my own. I went to a nice (made on site) furniture store and saw a bookcase I really liked, solid Oak about 3x5 feet with nice crown mouldig, verey very nice. Then I saw the $500 price and I walked away[:'(]

Im on my way to the local lumber yard to see if I can reproduce it, dug out my old router and miter saw and made sure they both work. I think all I need to do is buy the matterial and some new bits and build it (ok won't be that easy) Might be an excuse to get back into woodworking.Big Smile

Ill post some pics after its done.

Great to hear and didn't forget measure twice cut once. I believe I used solid oak and just a simple design that fits the entire space that I had available.

I didn't have the tools but a buddy does so he was able to cut everything for me and I was just marking letters on the pieces and he cut them. Got everything home and stained the pieces to get close to my cherry RF-83's and then assembled. I did leave the last tier off and purchased the wood a few months later to finish it off. I didn't think that I would need all 5 to begin with but I was wrong.

Good luck and do post some pictures when it is finished.

James